Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 10 pg/ml
- Range: 8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman VEGF ELISA Kit
See all VEGFA kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
Range8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
> 100 %
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 103.5 92% - 113% Serum 104.4 92% - 115% Plasma 105.7 93% - 114%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s VEGF Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human VEGF in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human VEGF coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and VEGF present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human VEGF antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of VEGF bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 300X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human VEGF 2 vials Recombinant Human VEGF Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml VEGF Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit
FunctionGrowth factor active in angiogenesis, vasculogenesis and endothelial cell growth. Induces endothelial cell proliferation, promotes cell migration, inhibits apoptosis and induces permeabilization of blood vessels. Binds to the FLT1/VEGFR1 and KDR/VEGFR2 receptors, heparan sulfate and heparin. NRP1/Neuropilin-1 binds isoforms VEGF-165 and VEGF-145. Isoform VEGF165B binds to KDR but does not activate downstream signaling pathways, does not activate angiogenesis and inhibits tumor growth.
Tissue specificityIsoform VEGF189, isoform VEGF165 and isoform VEGF121 are widely expressed. Isoform VEGF206 and isoform VEGF145 are not widely expressed.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in VEGFA are a cause of susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 1 (MVCD1) [MIM:603933]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
Cellular localizationSecreted. VEGF121 is acidic and freely secreted. VEGF165 is more basic, has heparin-binding properties and, although a signicant proportion remains cell-associated, most is freely secreted. VEGF189 is very basic, it is cell-associated after secretion and is bound avidly by heparin and the extracellular matrix, although it may be released as a soluble form by heparin, heparinase or plasmin.
- Information by UniProt
- Folliculostellate cell-derived growth factor
- Glioma-derived endothelial cell mitogen
ab100662 has been referenced in 30 publications.
- Jun JH et al. Combination Therapy of Placenta-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells with WKYMVm Promotes Hepatic Function in a Rat Model with Hepatic Disease via Vascular Remodeling. Cells 11:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35053347
- Wang BD et al. Bevacizumab attenuates osteosarcoma angiogenesis by suppressing MIAT encapsulated by serum-derived extracellular vesicles and facilitating miR-613-mediated GPR158 inhibition. Cell Death Dis 13:272 (2022). PubMed: 35347106
- Wang Y & Yang C Enhanced VEGF-A expression and mediated angiogenic differentiation in human gingival fibroblasts by stimulating with TNF-α in vitro. J Dent Sci 17:876-881 (2022). PubMed: 35756776
- Buachan P et al. Inhibitory effects of terrein on lung cancer cell metastasis and angiogenesis. Oncol Rep 45:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33846818
- Melchor-López A et al. Identification of adipose tissue-related predictors of the reduction in cardiovascular risk induced by metabolic surgery. J Int Med Res 49:3000605211012569 (2021). PubMed: 34024182