Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 10 pg/ml
- Range: 62.5 pg/ml - 4000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Hep Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse ACE2 ELISA Kit
See all ACE2 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% 1 16 146pg/ml 11.38 7.8% 2 16 538pg/ml 27.88 4.7% 3 16 1252pg/ml 75.77 6.1% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% 1 24 131pg/ml 10.48 8% 2 24 557pg/ml 31.74 5.7% 3 24 1192pg/ml 84.63 7.1%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Hep Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
Range62.5 pg/ml - 4000 pg/ml
Assay time3h 30m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The Mouse ACE2 Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) kit (ab213843) is designed for the quantitative measurement of Mouse ACE2 in cell culture supernatants, serum and plasma (heparin).
The ELISA kit is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay technology. A monoclonal antibody from rat specific for ACE2 has been pre-coated onto 96-well plates. Standards (Expression system for standard: CHO; Immunogen sequence: Q18-T740) and test samples are added to the wells, a biotinylated detection polyclonal antibody from goat specific for ACE2 is added subsequently and then followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. HRP substrate TMB is used to visualize HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changed into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow is proportional to the Mouse ACE2 amount of sample captured in plate.
Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE 2) is a protein belongs to the angiotensin-converting enzyme family of dipeptidyl carboxydipeptidases and has considerable homology to human angiotensin 1 converting enzyme. By sequence similarity to a sequence in GenBank, this gene is mapped to Xp22.2. This secreted protein catalyzes the cleavage of angiotensin I into angiotensin 1-9, and angiotensin II into the vasodilator angiotensin 1-7. The organ- and cell-specific expression of this gene suggests that it may play a role in the regulation of cardiovascular and renal function, as well as fertility. In addition, the encoded protein is a functional receptor for the spike glycoprotein of the human coronaviruses SARS and HCoV-NL63.
PlatformPre-coated microplate (12 x 8 well strips)
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests ABC Diluent Buffer Blue Cap 1 x 12ml Adhesive Plate Seal 4 units Antibody Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 12ml Anti-Mouse ACE2 coated Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 1 x 100µl Biotinylated anti- Mouse ACE2 antibody 1 x 100µl Lyophilized recombinant Mouse ACE2 standard 2 vials Sample Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 30ml TMB Color Developing Agent Black Cap 1 x 10ml TMB Stop Solution Yellow Cap 1 x 10ml
FunctionCarboxypeptidase which converts angiotensin I to angiotensin 1-9, a peptide of unknown function, and angiotensin II to angiotensin 1-7, a vasodilator. Also able to hydrolyze apelin-13 and dynorphin-13 with high efficiency. May be an important regulator of heart function. In case of human coronaviruses SARS and HCoV-NL63 infections, serve as functional receptor for the spike glycoprotein of both coronaviruses.
Tissue specificityExpressed in endothelial cells from small and large arteries, and in arterial smooth muscle cells. Expressed in lung alveolar epithelial cells, enterocytes of the small intestine, Leydig cells and Sertoli cells (at protein level). Expressed in heart, kidney, testis, and gastrointestinal system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M2 family.
modificationsN-glycosylation on Asn-90 may limit SARS infectivity.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- ACE 2
- ACE related carboxypeptidase
- ACE-related carboxypeptidase
ab213843 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Lallai V et al. E-cigarette vape and lung ACE2 expression: Implications for coronavirus vulnerability. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 86:103656 (2021). PubMed: 33838329
- Huffman AM et al. SARS-CoV-2 Viral Entry Proteins in Hyperandrogenemic Female Mice: Implications for Women with PCOS and COVID-19. Int J Mol Sci 22:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33922918
- Rezq S et al. Cardiac and Renal SARS-CoV-2 Viral Entry Protein Regulation by Androgens and Diet: Implications for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and COVID-19. Int J Mol Sci 22:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34575910
- Evans CE et al. ACE2 activation protects against cognitive decline and reduces amyloid pathology in the Tg2576 mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Acta Neuropathol 139:485-502 (2020). PubMed: 31982938
- Han W et al. Chemical renal denervation-induced upregulation of the ACE2/Ang (1-7)/Mas axis attenuates blood pressure elevation in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Clin Exp Hypertens 42:661-668 (2020). PubMed: 32476477
- Pan X et al. FGF21 Prevents Angiotensin II-Induced Hypertension and Vascular Dysfunction by Activation of ACE2/Angiotensin-(1-7) Axis in Mice. Cell Metab 27:1323-1337.e5 (2018). PubMed: 29706566
- Zheng J et al. Effects of IQP, VEP and Spirulina platensis hydrolysates on the local kidney renin angiotensin system in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Mol Med Rep 16:8485-8492 (2017). PubMed: 28944898