Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 1.3 pg/ml
- Range: 1.3 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse Interferon gamma ELISA Kit (IFNG)
See all Interferon gamma kits
Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 1.3 pg/ml
Range1.3 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture extracts 91.95 84% - 104% Tissue Extracts 93.47 83% - 103%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s Interferon gamma Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Mouse Interferon gamma in cell lysate and tissue lysate.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Mouse Interferon gamma coated on a 96- well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and Interferon gamma present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Mouse Interferon gamma antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of Interferon gamma bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 2X Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 5ml 440X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml 5X Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 10ml Biotinylated anti-Mouse Interferon gamma 2 vials Interferon gamma Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Mouse Interferon gamma Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionProduced by lymphocytes activated by specific antigens or mitogens. IFN-gamma, in addition to having antiviral activity, has important immunoregulatory functions. It is a potent activator of macrophages, it has antiproliferative effects on transformed cells and it can potentiate the antiviral and antitumor effects of the type I interferons.
Tissue specificityReleased primarily from activated T lymphocytes.
Involvement in diseaseIn Caucasians, genetic variation in IFNG is associated with the risk of aplastic anemia (AA) [MIM:609135]. AA is a rare disease in which the reduction of the circulating blood cells results from damage to the stem cell pool in bone marrow. In most patients, the stem cell lesion is caused by an autoimmune attack. T-lymphocytes, activated by an endogenous or exogenous, and most often unknown antigenic stimulus, secrete cytokines, including IFN-gamma, which would in turn be able to suppress hematopoiesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type II (or gamma) interferon family.
modificationsProteolytic processing produces C-terminal heterogeneity, with proteins ending alternatively at Gly-150, Met-157 or Gly-161.
- Information by UniProt
- IF 1
ab100690 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Cacciola NA et al. Buffalo Milk Whey Activates Necroptosis and Apoptosis in a Xenograft Model of Colorectal Cancer. Int J Mol Sci 23:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35955595
- Chen Y et al. Chronic stress promotes tumor immune evasion via the suppression of MHC-I expression and the upregulation of PD-L1. Am J Cancer Res 12:5286-5299 (2022). PubMed: 36504904
- Bagnoud M et al. c-Jun N-Terminal Kinase as a Therapeutic Target in Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis. Cells 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32977663
- You P et al. Local level of TGF-ß1 determines the effectiveness of dexamethasone through regulating the balance of Treg/Th17 cells in TNBS-induced mouse colitis. Exp Ther Med 15:3639-3649 (2018). PubMed: 29545894
- Zhou J et al. Prognostic and therapeutic value of CD103+ cells in renal cell carcinoma. Exp Ther Med 15:4979-4986 (2018). PubMed: 29805521
- Rajan TS et al. The secretome of periodontal ligament stem cells from MS patients protects against EAE. Sci Rep 6:38743 (2016). ELISA ; Mouse . PubMed: 27924938