Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.6 ng/ml
- Range: 0.61 ng/ml - 150 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cell Lysate, Plasma
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse MPO ELISA Kit (Myeloperoxidase)
See all Myeloperoxidase kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 12%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Plasma, Cell Lysate
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 0.6 ng/ml
Range0.61 ng/ml - 150 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 105.5 96% - 112% Plasma 86.89 68% - 105%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s MPO (Myeloperoxidase) Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay designed for the quantitative measurement of mouse MPO (Myeloperoxidase) in plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for mouse MPO coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and MPO present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-mouse MPO antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of MPO bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450nm.
We have not been able to detect the endogenous Mouse MPO (Myeloperoxidase) in normal serum with ab155458, only in serum spiked with Mouse MPO (Myeloperoxidase).
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 400X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent C 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-mouse MPO 2 vials MPO Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Mouse MPO Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionPart of the host defense system of polymorphonuclear leukocytes. It is responsible for microbicidal activity against a wide range of organisms. In the stimulated PMN, MPO catalyzes the production of hypohalous acids, primarily hypochlorous acid in physiologic situations, and other toxic intermediates that greatly enhance PMN microbicidal activity.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MPO are the cause of myeloperoxidase deficiency (MPD) [MIM:254600]. MPD is an autosomal recessive defect that results in disseminated candidiasis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peroxidase family. XPO subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- 84 kDa myeloperoxidase
- 89 kDa myeloperoxidase
- EC 220.127.116.11
ab155458 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Bian Y et al. Repigmentation by combined narrow-band ultraviolet B/adipose-derived stem cell transplantation in the mouse model: Role of Nrf2/HO-1-mediated Ca2+ homeostasis. Mol Med Rep 25:N/A (2022). PubMed: 34751412
- Zhang ZZ et al. MicroRNA-299a-5p Protects against Spinal Cord Injury through Activating AMPK Pathway. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2022:8659587 (2022). PubMed: 35602094
- Couret D et al. Lack of Neuroprotective Effects of High-Density Lipoprotein Therapy in Stroke under Acute Hyperglycemic Conditions. Molecules 26:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34770774
- Hu F et al. miR-351-5p aggravates lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury via inhibiting AMPK. Mol Med Rep 24:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34328196
- Ye B & Lai L Yu Shi An Chang Fang Ameliorates TNBS-Induced Colitis in Mice by Reducing Inflammatory Response and Protecting the Intestinal Mucosal Barrier. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2021:8870901 (2021). PubMed: 34055024