Mouse TGF beta 1 ELISA Kit (ab119557)
Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 7.8 pg/ml
- Range: 31.3 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse TGF beta 1 ELISA Kit
See all TGF beta 1 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4 7.9% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4 5.8%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range31.3 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 124% - 141% Serum 92% - 103%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s TGF beta 1 Mouse in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for accurate quantitative measurement of Mouse TGF beta 1 concentrations in Cell culture supernatant, serum and plasma (EDTA, citrate).
Mouse TGF beta 1 specific antibodies have been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and then incubated at room temperature. After washing, a Biotin-conjugated anti-Mouse TGF beta 1 detection antibody is added then incubated at room temperature. Following washing Streptavidin-HRP conjugate is added to each well, incubated at room temperature then again washed. TMB is added and then catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after the addition of an acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Mouse TGF beta 1 captured on the plate
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Assay Buffer Concentrate 2 x 5ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 50ml Adhesive Films 6 units Biotinylated mouse anti-TGF beta 1 monoclonal antibody 1 x 120µl Microplate coated with monoclonal antibody to mouse TGF beta 1 (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Mouse TGF beta 1 Standard lyophilized 2 vials Stop Solution (1M Phosphoric acid) 1 x 15ml Streptavidin-HRP 1 x 150µl TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 15ml
FunctionMultifunctional protein that controls proliferation, differentiation and other functions in many cell types. Many cells synthesize TGFB1 and have specific receptors for it. It positively and negatively regulates many other growth factors. It plays an important role in bone remodeling as it is a potent stimulator of osteoblastic bone formation, causing chemotaxis, proliferation and differentiation in committed osteoblasts.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in bone. Abundantly expressed in articular cartilage and chondrocytes and is increased in osteoarthritis (OA). Co-localizes with ASPN in chondrocytes within OA lesions of articular cartilage.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TGFB1 are the cause of Camurati-Engelmann disease (CE) [MIM:131300]; also known as progressive diaphyseal dysplasia 1 (DPD1). CE is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by hyperostosis and sclerosis of the diaphyses of long bones. The disease typically presents in early childhood with pain, muscular weakness and waddling gait, and in some cases other features such as exophthalmos, facial paralysis, hearing difficulties and loss of vision.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
The precursor is cleaved into mature TGF-beta-1 and LAP, which remains non-covalently linked to mature TGF-beta-1 rendering it inactive.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Cartilage-inducing factor
- Differentiation inhibiting factor
- Entrez Gene: 21803 Mouse
- SwissProt: P04202 Mouse
- Unigene: 248380 Mouse
Datasheets and documents
ab119557 has been referenced in 49 publications.
- O'Brien A et al. FGF1 Signaling Modulates Biliary Injury and Liver Fibrosis in the Mdr2-/- Mouse Model of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. Hepatol Commun 6:1574-1588 (2022). PubMed: 35271760
- Dai S et al. Intermittent fasting reduces neuroinflammation in intracerebral hemorrhage through the Sirt3/Nrf2/HO-1 pathway. J Neuroinflammation 19:122 (2022). PubMed: 35624490
- Ma L et al. Lactobacillus improves the effects of prednisone on autoimmune hepatitis via gut microbiota-mediated follicular helper T cells. Cell Commun Signal 20:83 (2022). PubMed: 35658901
- Yang X et al. Endoplasmic reticulum stress modulates the fate of lung resident mesenchymal stem cell to myofibroblast via C/EBP homologous protein during pulmonary fibrosis. Stem Cell Res Ther 13:279 (2022). PubMed: 35765096
- Xiu W et al. Potentiating hypoxic microenvironment for antibiotic activation by photodynamic therapy to combat bacterial biofilm infections. Nat Commun 13:3875 (2022). PubMed: 35790729