Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 2 pg/ml
- Range: 4.1 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse VEGF ELISA Kit
See all VEGFA kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 2 pg/ml
Range4.1 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 94.29 83% - 105% Serum 87.67 79% - 102% Plasma 89.32 81% - 103%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Abcam’s VEGF Mouse Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Mouse VEGF in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Mouse VEGF coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and VEGF present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Mouse VEGF antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of VEGF bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 160X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Mouse VEGF 2 vials Recombinant Mouse VEGF Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml VEGF Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) 1 unit
FunctionGrowth factor active in angiogenesis, vasculogenesis and endothelial cell growth. Induces endothelial cell proliferation, promotes cell migration, inhibits apoptosis and induces permeabilization of blood vessels. Binds to the FLT1/VEGFR1 and KDR/VEGFR2 receptors, heparan sulfate and heparin. NRP1/Neuropilin-1 binds isoforms VEGF-165 and VEGF-145. Isoform VEGF165B binds to KDR but does not activate downstream signaling pathways, does not activate angiogenesis and inhibits tumor growth.
Tissue specificityIsoform VEGF189, isoform VEGF165 and isoform VEGF121 are widely expressed. Isoform VEGF206 and isoform VEGF145 are not widely expressed.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in VEGFA are a cause of susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 1 (MVCD1) [MIM:603933]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
Cellular localizationSecreted. VEGF121 is acidic and freely secreted. VEGF165 is more basic, has heparin-binding properties and, although a signicant proportion remains cell-associated, most is freely secreted. VEGF189 is very basic, it is cell-associated after secretion and is bound avidly by heparin and the extracellular matrix, although it may be released as a soluble form by heparin, heparinase or plasmin.
- Information by UniProt
- Folliculostellate cell-derived growth factor
- Glioma-derived endothelial cell mitogen
ab100751 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Hou B et al. Inhibition of poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase 1 in neuron cells might enhance the therapeutic effect of leonurine under cholesterol stimulation. Folia Neuropathol 60:76-91 (2022). PubMed: 35359148
- Sui Y et al. Insulin-like growth factor-II overexpression accelerates parthenogenetic stem cell differentiation into cardiomyocytes and improves cardiac function after acute myocardial infarction in mice. Stem Cell Res Ther 11:86 (2020). PubMed: 32102690
- Hu Y et al. Defactinib attenuates osteoarthritis by inhibiting positive feedback loop between H-type vessels and MSCs in subchondral bone. J Orthop Translat 24:12-22 (2020). PubMed: 32518750
- Zduniak K et al. The Assessment of the Combined Treatment of 5-ALA Mediated Photodynamic Therapy and Thalidomide on 4T1 Breast Carcinoma and 2H11 Endothelial Cell Line. Molecules 25:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33171718
- Li X et al. Targeting actin-bundling protein L-plastin as an anabolic therapy for bone loss. Sci Adv 6:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33208358