Mouse IFN beta ELISA Kit (ab252363)
Key features and details
- One-wash 90 minute protocol
- Sensitivity: 28 pg/ml
- Range: 39.1 pg/ml - 2500 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture media, Cell culture supernatant, EDTA Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameMouse IFN beta ELISA Kit
See all Interferon beta kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Supernatant 8 4.9% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Supernatant 3 3.6%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Cell culture media, EDTA Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range39.1 pg/ml - 2500 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 97 94% - 100% Serum 86 84% - 87% Cell culture media 88 78% - 98% EDTA Plasma 84 81% - 87%
Assay time1h 30m
Assay durationOne step assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Mouse IFN beta ELISA Kit (ab252363) is a single-wash 90 min sandwich ELISA designed for the quantitative measurement of IFN beta protein in cell culture supernatant, EDTA plasma, serum, and cell culture media. It uses our proprietary SimpleStep ELISA® technology. Quantitate Mouse IFN beta with 28 pg/ml sensitivity.
SimpleStep ELISA® technology employs capture antibodies conjugated to an affinity tag that is recognized by the monoclonal antibody used to coat our SimpleStep ELISA® plates. This approach to sandwich ELISA allows the formation of the antibody-analyte sandwich complex in a single step, significantly reducing assay time. See the SimpleStep ELISA® protocol summary in the image section for further details. Our SimpleStep ELISA® technology provides several benefits:
- Single-wash protocol reduces assay time to 90 minutes or less
- High sensitivity, specificity and reproducibility from superior antibodies
- Fully validated in biological samples
- 96-wells plate breakable into 12 x 8 wells strips
A 384-well SimpleStep ELISA® microplate (ab203359) is available to use as an alternative to the 96-well microplate provided with SimpleStep ELISA® kits.
PlatformPre-coated microplate (12 x 8 well strips)
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10X Mouse IFN beta (Interferon beta 1) Capture Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Mouse IFN beta (Interferon beta 1) Detector Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Wash Buffer PT (ab206977) 1 x 20ml Antibody Diluent 4BR 1 x 6ml Mouse IFN beta (Interferon beta 1) Lyophilized Recombinant Protein 2 vials Plate Seals 1 unit Sample Diluent NS (ab193972) 1 x 12ml SimpleStep Pre-Coated 96-Well Microplate (ab206978) 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml TMB Development Solution 1 x 12ml
FunctionHas antiviral, antibacterial and anticancer activities.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha/beta interferon family.
- Information by UniProt
- Fibroblast interferon
- Entrez Gene: 15977 Mouse
- SwissProt: P01575 Mouse
- Unigene: 1245 Mouse
SimpleStep ELISA technology allows the formation of the antibody-antigen complex in one single step, reducing assay time to 90 minutes. Add samples or standards and antibody mix to wells all at once, incubate, wash, and add your final substrate. See protocol for a detailed step-by-step guide.
The IFN beta standard curve was prepared as described in Section 10. Raw data values are shown in the table. Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
The concentrations of IFN beta were measured in duplicates, interpolated from the IFN beta standard curves and corrected for sample dilution. Undiluted samples are as follows: Raw264.7 cell culture supernatant 25%, The interpolated dilution factor corrected values are plotted (mean +/- SD, n=2). The mean IFN beta concentration was determined to be 6,664 pg/mL in Raw264.7 cell culture supernatant. Mouse IFN beta was below the detection point in unstimulated Raw264.7 supernatant.
To learn more about the advantages of recombinant antibodies see here.
Datasheets and documents
ab252363 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- He R et al. Mechanism of miR-181a-5p in Regulatory T/T-Helper 17 Immune Imbalance and Asthma Development in Mice with Allergic Rhinitis. Int Arch Allergy Immunol 183:375-388 (2022). PubMed: 34942624
- Ryan DG et al. Nrf2 activation reprograms macrophage intermediary metabolism and suppresses the type I interferon response. iScience 25:103827 (2022). PubMed: 35198887
- Sheng D et al. Oral S2-Ag85 DNA Vaccine Activated Intestinal Cell dsDNA and RNA Sensors to Promote the Presentation of Intestinal Antigen. J Immunol Res 2022:7200379 (2022). PubMed: 35465352
- Zhang Y et al. Repurposing live attenuated trivalent MMR vaccine as cost-effective cancer immunotherapy. Front Oncol 12:1042250 (2022). PubMed: 36457491
- He Q et al. Triptolide Inhibits Th17 Response by Upregulating microRNA-204-5p and Suppressing STAT3 Phosphorylation in Psoriasis. Genet Res (Camb) 2022:7468396 (2022). PubMed: 36474621
- Scuderi SA et al. TBK1 Inhibitor Exerts Antiproliferative Effect on Glioblastoma Multiforme Cells. Oncol Res 28:779-790 (2021). PubMed: 33741083
- Das A et al. Mutation in Irf8 Gene (Irf8R294C ) Impairs Type I IFN-Mediated Antiviral Immune Response by Murine pDCs. Front Immunol 12:758190 (2021). PubMed: 34867997
- Ning L et al. Cytosolic DNA-STING-NLRP3 axis is involved in murine acute lung injury induced by lipopolysaccharide. Clin Transl Med 10:e228 (2020). PubMed: 33252860
- Yu J et al. Targeting macrophage priming by polyphyllin VII triggers anti-tumor immunity via STING-governed cytotoxic T-cell infiltration in lung cancer. Sci Rep 10:21360 (2020). PubMed: 33288772
- Lai Y et al. Ganghuo Kanggan Decoction in Influenza: Integrating Network Pharmacology and In Vivo Pharmacological Evaluation. Front Pharmacol 11:607027 (2020). PubMed: 33362562