Rat CKM ELISA Kit (ab187396)
Key features and details
- One-wash 90 minute protocol
- Sensitivity: 5.83 ng/ml
- Range: 8.8 ng/ml - 100 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cit plasma, Serum, Tissue Extracts
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat CKM ELISA Kit
See all Creatine Kinase MM kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Serum 8 4% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Serum 3 5%
Sample typeSerum, Tissue Extracts, Cit plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range8.8 ng/ml - 100 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 94 89% - 97% Extraction Buffer 96 87% - 101%
Assay time1h 30m
Assay durationOne step assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Rat CKM ELISA Kit (ab187396) is a single-wash 90 min sandwich ELISA designed for the quantitative measurement of CKM protein in serum, tissue extracts, and cit plasma. It uses our proprietary SimpleStep ELISA® technology. Quantitate Rat CKM with 5.83 ng/ml sensitivity.
SimpleStep ELISA® technology employs capture antibodies conjugated to an affinity tag that is recognized by the monoclonal antibody used to coat our SimpleStep ELISA® plates. This approach to sandwich ELISA allows the formation of the antibody-analyte sandwich complex in a single step, significantly reducing assay time. See the SimpleStep ELISA® protocol summary in the image section for further details. Our SimpleStep ELISA® technology provides several benefits:
- Single-wash protocol reduces assay time to 90 minutes or less
- High sensitivity, specificity and reproducibility from superior antibodies
- Fully validated in biological samples
- 96-wells plate breakable into 12 x 8 wells strips
A 384-well SimpleStep ELISA® microplate (ab203359) is available to use as an alternative to the 96-well microplate provided with SimpleStep ELISA® kits.
Creatine kinase (CK), also known as creatine phosphokinase (CPK) or phospho-creatine kinase, is an enzyme that catalyzes the reversible transfer of a high-energy phosphate group between phosphocreatine and ATP. There are five known CK isozymes, three located in the cytosol (CKMM, CKMB, CKBB) and two in the mitochondria (MiSCK and MiuCK). Structurally, cytosolic CK is a 86 kDa dimeric enzyme of two identical or non-identical chains, CKM and/or CKB whereas mitochondrial CK is an octameric enzyme associated with mitochondrial membranes. The compartmentation of CK isoenzymes allows for direct association with ATP-providing or consuming processes both linked via metabolite channeling through the creatine phosphate shuttle. Thus CK isoenzymes allow for the generation of a large pool of phosphocreatine, considered to be a temporal and spatial ATP buffering system in tissues with large, fluctuating energy demands, such as skeletal muscle, heart, brain and spermatozoa.
Expression of cytosolic isoenzyme patterns differ between tissues, with skeletal muscle expressing high levels of CK-MM (98%) and low levels of CK-MB (1%), the myocardium (heart muscle) expressing CK-MM at 70% and CK-MB at 25–30% and the brain and neural tissue expressing mainly CK-BB. CKM is also found in serum from normal animals and levels vary based on muscle mass, age, physical activity and underlying pathologies.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10X CKM Capture Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X CKM Detector Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Wash Buffer PT (ab206977) 1 x 20ml 50X Cell Extraction Enhancer Solution (ab193971) 1 x 1ml 5X Cell Extraction Buffer PTR (ab193970) 1 x 10ml Antibody Diluent 5BI 1 x 6ml Plate Seals 1 unit Rat CKM Lyophilized Purified Protein 2 vials Sample Diluent NS (ab193972) 1 x 50ml SimpleStep Pre-Coated 96-Well Microplate (ab206978) 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml TMB Development Solution 1 x 12ml
- creatine kinase M chain
- Entrez Gene: 24265 Rat
- SwissProt: P00564 Rat
SimpleStep ELISA technology allows the formation of the antibody-antigen complex in one single step, reducing assay time to 90 minutes. Add samples or standards and antibody mix to wells all at once, incubate, wash, and add your final substrate. See protocol for a detailed step-by-step guide.
Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
Levels of CKM in 10 µg/mL extract were interpolated from a standard curve in 1X Cell Extraction Buffer PTR.
Canine, Guinea pig, Porcine and Rabbit serum was loaded in the assay at 2.5% in Sample Diluent NS. Absorbance levels after background subtraction are displayed.
Human, Mouse and Goat serum was loaded in the assay at 1% in Sample Diluent NS. Absorbance levels after background subtraction are displayed.
Datasheets and documents
ab187396 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Mohamed ME et al. Cardioprotective Effect of Linalool against Isoproterenol-Induced Myocardial Infarction. Life (Basel) 11:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33562483
- Sun C et al. Atractylenolide I alleviates ischemia/reperfusion injury by preserving mitochondrial function and inhibiting caspase-3 activity. J Int Med Res 49:300060521993315 (2021). PubMed: 33641489
- Mortreux M et al. Hindlimb suspension in Wistar rats: Sex-based differences in muscle response. Physiol Rep 9:e15042 (2021). PubMed: 34612585
- Fouad Shalaby M et al. Protective Role of Sarpogrelate in Combination with Bromocriptine and Cabergoline for Treatment of Diabetes in Alloxan-induced Diabetic Rats. Curr Ther Res Clin Exp 95:100647 (2021). PubMed: 34777640
- Younis NS et al. Protective Effect of Geraniol on Oxidative, Inflammatory and Apoptotic Alterations in Isoproterenol-Induced Cardiotoxicity: Role of the Keap1/Nrf2/HO-1 and PI3K/Akt/mTOR Pathways. Antioxidants (Basel) 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33053761
- Moreira JB et al. A small molecule activator of AKT does not reduce ischemic injury of the rat heart. J Transl Med 13:76 (2015). Sandwich ELISA ; Rat . PubMed: 25889299
- Holwerda AM & Locke M Hsp25 and Hsp72 content in rat skeletal muscle following controlled shortening and lengthening contractions. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 39:1380-7 (2014). ELISA ; Rat . PubMed: 25356915