Rat IgG ELISA Kit (ab189578)
Key features and details
- One-wash 90 minute protocol
- Sensitivity: 55 pg/ml
- Range: 0.31 ng/ml - 20 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cit plasma, EDTA Plasma, Hep Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat IgG ELISA Kit
See all IgG kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 3 2.66% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 3 3.61%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Hep Plasma, EDTA Plasma, Cit plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range0.31 ng/ml - 20 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Antibody Diluent 4B 103.7 99.4% - 110.97% OF DMEM Medium 76.5 62.8% - 94% 10F DMEM Medium 79.1 67.5% - 98%
Assay time1h 30m
Assay durationOne step assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Does not react with: Goat, Cow, Pig
Rat IgG ELISA Kit (ab189578) is a single-wash 90 min sandwich ELISA designed for the quantitative measurement of IgG protein in cell culture supernatant, cit plasma, edta plasma, hep plasma, and serum. It uses our proprietary SimpleStep ELISA® technology. Quantitate Rat IgG with 55 pg/ml sensitivity.
SimpleStep ELISA® technology employs capture antibodies conjugated to an affinity tag that is recognized by the monoclonal antibody used to coat our SimpleStep ELISA® plates. This approach to sandwich ELISA allows the formation of the antibody-analyte sandwich complex in a single step, significantly reducing assay time. See the SimpleStep ELISA® protocol summary in the image section for further details. Our SimpleStep ELISA® technology provides several benefits:
- Single-wash protocol reduces assay time to 90 minutes or less
- High sensitivity, specificity and reproducibility from superior antibodies
- Fully validated in biological samples
- 96-wells plate breakable into 12 x 8 wells strips
A 384-well SimpleStep ELISA® microplate (ab203359) is available to use as an alternative to the 96-well microplate provided with SimpleStep ELISA® kits.
This kit recognizes native rat IgG in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatant samples.
This kit recognizes rat IgG protein and cross reacts with hamster IgG.
Other species reactivity was determined by measuring 1 to 1 million diluted serum samples of various species, interpolating the protein concentrations from the rat IgG standard curve, and expressing the interpolated concentrations as a percentage of the protein concentration in rat serum assayed at the same dilution.
Reactivity < 0.3% was determined for the following species: Mouse, Guinea Pig, Rabbit, Dog, Goat, Pig, Cow, Human, Chicken
Hamster serum displays 71.4% cross-reactvity.
There are four classes of immunoglobulins in rat: IgA, IgE, IgM, and IgG. IgG is the most abundant immunoglobulin and is equally distributed in blood and tissue. In rat, the IgG class is further divided into four subclasses: IgG1, IgG2a, IgG2b, and IgG2c. The general immunoglobulin structure is composed of four polypeptide chains, two heavy and two light chains linked together and to each other by disulfide bonds, creating a tetrameric quaternary structure. The resulting tetramer creates two identical halves which together form a Y like structure. While the amino-terminal portions that exhibits highly variable amino-acid composition are involved in antigen binding, the C terminal constant parts are involved in complement binding, placental passage and binding to cell membrane.
IgG is involved in response to a foreign antigen and the presence of IgG usually signifies a mature antibody response. IgG has a molecular weight of about 150 kDa, can bind to many pathogens and also plays an important role in antibody dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity. Typically rat serum and plasma samples contain about 7 to 10 mg/ml of IgG.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10X Rat IgG Capture Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Rat IgG Detector Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Wash Buffer PT (ab206977) 1 x 20ml Antibody Diluent 4B 1 x 6ml Plate Seals 1 unit Rat IgG Lyophilized Purified Protein 2 vials Sample Diluent NS (ab193972) 1 x 50ml SimpleStep Pre-Coated 96-Well Microplate (ab206978) 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml TMB Development Solution 1 x 12ml
- Ig gamma 1 chain C region
- Ig gamma 2 chain C region
- Ig gamma 3 chain C region
SimpleStep ELISA technology allows the formation of the antibody-antigen complex in one single step, reducing assay time to 90 minutes. Add samples or standards and antibody mix to wells all at once, incubate, wash, and add your final substrate. See protocol for a detailed step-by-step guide.
Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
Example of rat IgG standard curve. The rat IgG standard curve was prepared as described. Raw data values are shown in the table. Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
Native rat IgG was measured in the following biological samples in a 2‑fold dilution series. Sample dilutions are made in Sample Diluent NS.
Linearity of dilution is determined based on interpolated values from the standard curve. Linearity of dilution defines a sample concentration interval in which interpolated target concentrations are directly proportional to sample dilution.
Datasheets and documents
ab189578 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Li X et al. The Protective Effect of a Topical Mucin Secretagogue on Ocular Surface Damage Induced by Airborne Carbon Black Exposure. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 60:255-264 (2019). PubMed: 30649152
- Hata J et al. Complement activation by autoantigen recognition in the growth process of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Sci Rep 9:20357 (2019). PubMed: 31889151
- Chapy H & Kagan L Evaluation of the Effects of Animal Growth and Previous Exposure on the Pharmacokinetics of Rituximab in Rats. J Pharm Sci 107:1987-1994 (2018). Sandwich ELISA ; Rat . PubMed: 29551353
- Eom Y et al. The Effect of Ambient Titanium Dioxide Microparticle Exposure to the Ocular Surface on the Expression of Inflammatory Cytokines in the Eye and Cervical Lymph Nodes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 57:6580-6590 (2016). PubMed: 27918832
- Regal JF et al. Role of IgM and angiotensin II Type I receptor autoantibodies in local complement activation in placental ischemia-induced hypertension in the rat. Mol Immunol 78:38-47 (2016). PubMed: 27588825