Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 25 pg/ml
- Range: 82.3 pg/ml - 20000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Cell culture supernatant, Tissue Extracts
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Rat
Product nameRat TNF alpha ELISA Kit
See all TNF alpha kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Cell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 25 pg/ml
Range82.3 pg/ml - 20000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture extracts 93.17 81% - 105% Tissue Extracts 92.48 80% - 104%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Abcam’s TNF alpha ELSA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Rat TNF alpha in cell lysates and tissue lysates.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Rat TNF alpha coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and TNF alpha present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Rat TNF alpha antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRPconjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of TNF alpha bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 200X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 2X Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 5ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml 5X Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 10ml Biotinylated anti-Rat TNF alpha 2 vials Recombinant Rat TNF alpha Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml TNF alpha Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit
FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- APC1 protein
Rat TNF alpha detected in cell lysates from NR8383.1 control cells (C) or cells stimulated for 6 hours with 5 ug x mL-1 of LPS (Sigma). Results shown for TNF alpha levels in 10e6 cells after background signal was subtracted (duplicates +/- SD).
Rat TNF alpha detected in cell supernatants from NR8383.1 control cells (C) or cells stimulated for 6 hours with 5 ug x mL-1 of LPS (Sigma); background signal subtracted (duplicates +/- SD).
Representative standard curve using ab100785
ab100785 has been referenced in 77 publications.
- Walladbegi J et al. Moderate temperature reduction is sufficient for prevention of 5-fluorouracil-induced oral mucositis: an experimental in vivo study in rats. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 91:67-75 (2023). PubMed: 36451020
- Zhao Y et al. Hydrogen Sulfide Attenuates Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Inflammation via the P-glycoprotein and NF-κB Pathway in Astrocytes. Neurochem Res 48:1424-1437 (2023). PubMed: 36482035
- Li L et al. A nanofiber-hydrogel composite improves tissue repair in a rat model of Crohn's disease perianal fistulas. Sci Adv 9:eade1067 (2023). PubMed: 36598982
- Phothi T et al. Effects of curcumin and ?-oryzanol solid dispersion on the brain of middle-aged rats. Biomed Rep 17:59 (2022). PubMed: 35719843
- Manzano-Pech L et al. Excessive Consumption Hibiscus sabdariffa L. Increases Inflammation and Blood Pressure in Male Wistar Rats via High Antioxidant Capacity: The Preliminary Findings. Cells 11:N/A (2022). PubMed: 36139349