S100B ELISA Kit (ab234573)
Key features and details
- One-wash 90 minute protocol
- Sensitivity: 139 pg/ml
- Range: 0.31 ng/ml - 20 ng/ml
- Sample type: Tissue Extracts
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameS100B ELISA Kit
See all S100 beta kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Protein 6 2.5%
Sample typeTissue Extracts
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range0.31 ng/ml - 20 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Tissue Extracts 97 92% - 100%
Assay time1h 30m
Assay durationOne step assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
S100B ELISA Kit (ab234573) is a single-wash 90 min sandwich ELISA designed for the quantitative measurement of S100B protein in tissue extracts. It uses our proprietary SimpleStep ELISA® technology. Quantitate S100B with 139 pg/ml sensitivity.
SimpleStep ELISA® technology employs capture antibodies conjugated to an affinity tag that is recognized by the monoclonal antibody used to coat our SimpleStep ELISA® plates. This approach to sandwich ELISA allows the formation of the antibody-analyte sandwich complex in a single step, significantly reducing assay time. See the SimpleStep ELISA® protocol summary in the image section for further details. Our SimpleStep ELISA® technology provides several benefits:
- Single-wash protocol reduces assay time to 90 minutes or less
- High sensitivity, specificity and reproducibility from superior antibodies
- Fully validated in biological samples
- 96-wells plate breakable into 12 x 8 wells strips
A 384-well SimpleStep ELISA® microplate (ab203359) is available to use as an alternative to the 96-well microplate provided with SimpleStep ELISA® kits.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
PlatformPre-coated microplate (12 x 8 well strips)
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10X Human S100B Capture Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Human S100B Detector Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Wash Buffer PT (ab206977) 1 x 20ml 50X Cell Extraction Enhancer Solution (ab193971) 1 x 1ml 5X Cell Extraction Buffer PTR (ab193970) 1 x 10ml Antibody Diluent 4BI 1 x 6ml Human S100B Lyophilized Recombinant Protein 2 vials Plate Seals 1 unit Sample Diluent NS (ab193972) 1 x 12ml SimpleStep Pre-Coated 96-Well Microplate (ab206978) 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml TMB Development Solution 1 x 12ml
FunctionWeakly binds calcium but binds zinc very tightly-distinct binding sites with different affinities exist for both ions on each monomer. Physiological concentrations of potassium ion antagonize the binding of both divalent cations, especially affecting high-affinity calcium-binding sites. Binds to and initiates the activation of STK38 by releasing autoinhibitory intramolecular interactions within the kinase. Interaction with AGER after myocardial infarction may play a role in myocyte apoptosis by activating ERK1/2 and p53/TP53 signaling.
Tissue specificityAlthough predominant among the water-soluble brain proteins, S100 is also found in a variety of other tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the S-101 family.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- Protein S100 B
- Protein S100-B
- Entrez Gene: 6285 Human
- Entrez Gene: 20203 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25742 Rat
- Omim: 176990 Human
- SwissProt: P04271 Human
- SwissProt: P50114 Mouse
- SwissProt: P04631 Rat
- Unigene: 422181 Human
SimpleStep ELISA technology allows the formation of the antibody-antigen complex in one single step, reducing assay time to 90 minutes. Add samples or standards and antibody mix to wells all at once, incubate, wash, and add your final substrate. See protocol for a detailed step-by-step guide.
Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
The concentrations of S100B were measured in duplicates, interpolated from the S100B standard curves and corrected for sample dilution. The interpolated dilution factor corrected values are plotted (mean +/- SD, n=2).
To learn more about the advantages of recombinant antibodies see here.
Datasheets and documents
ab234573 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Jović M et al. Towards a Point-of-Care (POC) Diagnostic Platform for the Multiplex Electrochemiluminescent (ECL) Sensing of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI) Biomarkers. Biosensors (Basel) 12:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35323442
- Jin P et al. Predictive nomogram for soft robotic hand rehabilitation of patients with intracerebral hemorrhage. BMC Neurol 22:334 (2022). PubMed: 36068493
- Al-Kuraishy HM et al. Statin therapy associated with decreased neuronal injury measured by serum S100ß levels in patients with acute ischemic stroke. Int J Crit Illn Inj Sci 11:246-252 (2021). PubMed: 35070915
- Yu X & Xie Y Effect of dexmedetomidine combined with etomidate on IL-17A and S-100ß expression levels in rats with postoperative cognitive dysfunction. Exp Ther Med 20:275 (2020). PubMed: 33200000
- Pan C et al. Pretreatment with human urine-derived stem cells protects neurological function in rats following cardiopulmonary resuscitation after cardiac arrest. Exp Ther Med 20:112 (2020). PubMed: 32989390