Product namecAMP Assay Kit (Competitive ELISA)
See all cAMP kits
Sample typeUrine, Plasma, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
cAMP Assay Kit ab234585 uses a sensitive colorimetric competitive ELISA method to quantify cAMP (cyclic AMP) levels in samples from mammals and other species.
The cAMP assay uses a 96-well plate supplied coated with an anti-cAMP antibody.
HRP-labeled cAMP, and free cAMP within a sample, are added to each well of the plate. The cAMP assay is based on the competition between the HRP-labeled cAMP and the free cAMP for the fixed number of cAMP antibody binding sites on the plate.
The more free cAMP is present, the less HRP-labeled cAMP is bound. After a washing step, the amount of bound HRP-labeled cAMP is detected using a colorimetric HRP substrate measured by absorbance at OD 405nm, 650nm, or 740nm. The level of signal is compared to a standard curve for free cAMP, which is run at the same time as the samples.
Unlike other cAMP assays, this kit does not require an acetylation step to achieve the maximum sensitivity.
If you are using fluorometric detection, we recommend cAMP Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab138880).
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10 x 96 tests 10X Wash Solution 1 x 10ml 1 x 100ml Anti-cAMP Ab Coated 96-Well Plate 1 unit 10 units Assay Buffer 1 x 20ml 1 x 100ml cAMP Standard 1 vial 1 vial Cell Lysis Buffer 1 x 10ml 1 x 100ml Green Probe 1 x 10ml 1 x 100ml HRP-cAMP Conjugate 1 vial 1 vial
RelevanceAdenosine 3’,5’-cyclic monophosphate (cyclic AMP, cAMP) is an important “second messenger” involved in many physiological processes. It plays a key role as an intracellular second messenger for transduction events that follow a number of extracellular signals.
- Adenosine 3' 5' cyclic monophosphate
- Adenosine 3’ 5’ cyclic monophosphate
- Cyclic adenosine monophosphate
- Cyclic AMP
The kit can detect as low as 0.1 nM cAMP in a 100 µL reaction volume at 405nm after incubation with Green Probe for 1 hour (blue line) and 3 hours (red line).
The Absorbance can be read at 405 nm (blue line), 650 nm (red line) or 740 nm (Green line), the data are from the incubation with Green Probe for 3 hours.
ab234585 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Wang Q et al. Cichoric Acid Ameliorates Monosodium Urate-Induced Inflammatory Response by Reducing NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation via Inhibition of NF-kB Signaling Pathway. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2021:8868527 (2021). PubMed: 33505510
- Cong S et al. Overexpressing miR-122-5p Inhibits the Relaxation of Vaginal Smooth Muscle in Female Sexual Arousal Disorder by Targeting Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide Receptor 1. Sex Med 9:100390 (2021). PubMed: 34246178
- Chen X et al. A paternally inherited non-sense variant c.424G>T (p.G142*) in the first exon of XLas in an adult patient with hypophosphatemia and osteopetrosis. Clin Genet 97:712-722 (2020). PubMed: 32157680