Product nameProtease and Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail
To protect against both protease and phosphatase in one solution try our dual cocktail (EDTA-free also available).
AEBSF free and mass spectroscopy compatible – water soluble.
Target proteases - serine proteases, aminopeptidase B, leucine aminopeptidase, cysteine proteases, metalloproteases
Target phosphatases - serine/threonine phosphatases, acid phosphatases, protein tyrosine phosphatases, alkaline phosphatases
Inhibitors included - aprotinin (bovine lung), bestatin, E-64, leupeptin hemisulfate, β-glycerophosphate, sodium fluoride, sodium orthovanadate, sodium pyrophosphate decahydrate, EDTA disodium salt.
Form: Supplied as 1 vial of cocktail in water (1 ml) and 1 vial of EDTA disodium salt (0.5 mM in 1 ml of water)
Preparation: The recommended starting dilution is 1:9
Visit our inhibitor cocktails page for more information on our complete range of convenient and easy to use protease and phosphatase inhibitor cocktails.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K283 EZBlock™ Universal Protease and Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail. K283-1 is the same size as the 1 kit size of ab201119.
Individual components and concentration:
Aprotinin (bovine lung): serine protease inhibitor (0.08 mM)
Bestatin: aminopeptidase B and leucine aminopeptidase inhibitor (5 mM)
E-64: cysteine protease inhibitor (1.5 mM)
Leupeptin hemisulfate: serine/cysteine protease inhibitor (2 mM)
β-Glycerophosphate: serine/threonine phosphatase inhibitor (10 mM)
Sodium fluoride: acid phosphatase and serine/threonine phosphatase inhibitor (50 mM)
Sodium orthovanadate: protein tyrosine phosphatase and alkaline phosphatase inhibitor (1 mM)
Sodium pyrophosphate decahydrate: serine/threonine phosphatase inhibitor (10 mM)
EDTA disodium salt: metalloprotease inhibitor (0.5 mM)
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 kit EDTA Solution (10X) Clear 1 x 1ml Protease and Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail (10X) Red 1 x 1ml
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab201119 has been referenced in 26 publications.
- Qiu N et al. IFT20 Confers Paclitaxel Resistance by Triggering β-arrestin-1 to Modulate ASK1 Signaling in Breast Cancer. Mol Cancer Res 21:214-227 (2023). PubMed: 36573960
- Mao XT et al. The CEL-HYB1 Hybrid Allele Promotes Digestive Enzyme Misfolding and Pancreatitis in Mice. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:55-74 (2022). PubMed: 35398595
- Yu Y et al. Suppression of Cutibacterium acnes-Mediated Inflammatory Reactions by Fibroblast Growth Factor 21 in Skin. Int J Mol Sci 23:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35408949
- Carbonell M B et al. Hydrogen peroxide is necessary during tail regeneration in juvenile axolotl. Dev Dyn 251:1054-1076 (2022). PubMed: 34129260
- Wen X et al. CircRNA-011235 Counteracts The Deleterious Effect of Irradiation Treatment on Bone Mesenchymal Stem Cells by Regulating The miR-741-3p/CDK6 Pathway. Cell J 24:15-21 (2022). PubMed: 35182060