Product nameProtease Inhibitor Cocktail
Abcam's Protease Inhibitor Cocktail contains a mixture of water-soluble protease inhibitors with broad specificity for various proteases, and has been optimized to generate the maximal protection to mammalian tissue and cell extracts.
Supplied as a lyophilized powder.
One vial can make 125 ml of cocktail solution.
Add 250 μl DMSO to the vial, pipette several times to dissolve all powder (This makes 500X concentrated inhibitor cocktail).
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K271 Protease Inhibitor Cocktail. K271-500 is the same size as the 1 kit size of ab65621.
Crude cell extracts contain many endogeneous enzymes, such as proteases and phosphotases, which can degrade valuable proteins in the extract. The individual components of the protease inhibitor cocktail have specific inhibitory properties. A description of each inhibitor is given below:
Aprotinin: Inhibits serine proteases, such as trypsin, chymotrypsin, plasmin, trypsinogen, urokinase, and kallikrein.
Leupeptin: Inhibits both serine and cysteine proteases, such as calpain, trypsin, papain, and cathepsin B.
Pepstain A: Inhibits acid proteases, such as pepsin, rennin, cathepsin D, chymosin, and protease B.
PMSF: Inhibits serine proteases, such as trypsin and chymotrypsin. Also inhibits cysteine proteases and mammalian acetylcholinesterase.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 kit Protease Inhibitor Cocktail 1 vial
RelevanceCrude cell extracts contain many endogeneous enzymes, such as proteases and phosphotases, which can degrade valuable proteins in an extract. A protease inhibitor cocktail contains a mixture of protease inhibitors with broad specificity for various proteases.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab65621 has been referenced in 25 publications.
- Smith P et al. Characterization of ultrasound-mediated delivery of trastuzumab to normal and pathologic spinal cord tissue. Sci Rep 11:4412 (2021). PubMed: 33627726
- Shatoor AS et al. Short-term administration of C. aronia stimulates insulin signaling, suppresses fatty acids metabolism, and increases glucose uptake and utilization in the hearts of healthy rats. Saudi J Biol Sci 28:1966-1977 (2021). PubMed: 33732083
- Agharahimi M et al. Cocaine potentiates an inflammatory response in C6 astroglia-like cells. Biomed Rep 14:45 (2021). PubMed: 33786174
- Qi L et al. G-rich sequence factor 1 serves as a prognostic biomarker in septic patients. Ann Transl Med 9:691 (2021). PubMed: 33987389
- McMahon D et al. Investigating the effects of dexamethasone on blood-brain barrier permeability and inflammatory response following focused ultrasound and microbubble exposure. Theranostics 10:1604-1618 (2020). PubMed: 32042325