Anti-ACTH antibody (ab74976)
Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ACTH
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Get better batch-to-batch reproducibility with a recombinant antibody
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-ACTH antibody
See all ACTH primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ACTH
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Goat, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Chimpanzee, Macaque monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to ACTH aa 1-39. This corresponds to amino acids 138-176 of the precursor POMC.
Database link: P01189
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74976 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
RelevanceACTH occurs in cells of the anterior pituitary and in neurons in brain. It regulates the corticosteroid production in the adrenal cortex. Beta endorphin and Met enkephalin are endogenous opiates. MSH (melanocyte stimulating hormone) increases the pigmentation of skin by increasing melanin production in melanocytes.
- Entrez Gene: 5443 Human
- Entrez Gene: 694430 Macaque monkey
- Entrez Gene: 18976 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24664 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 443212 Sheep
- Omim: 176830 Human
- SwissProt: P01190 Cow
- SwissProt: P19402 Guinea pig
- ACTH antibody
- Adrenocorticotropic hormone antibody
- Adrenocorticotropin antibody
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded mouse brain tissue stained for ACTH with ab74976 (1/100 dilution) in immunohistochemical analysis. DAB (brown) and Hematoxylin (blue)staining.
ab74976 staining ACTH in P0 Pitx2-Cre/Dicer1 mutant mice pituitary tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Samples were fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde, dehydrated, and embedded in paraffin wax. Sections were cut (7 µm) and stained with H&E. Immunohistochemistry was performed on 7-µm paraffin sections stained by an indirect immunoperoxidase method. Peroxidase activity was visualized with AEC stain kit. ab74976 diluted 1/200. Secondary antibodies conjugated with biotin were used at 1/150 dilution.
Datasheets and documents
ab74976 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Fujita Y et al. Clinical Heterogeneity of Acquired Idiopathic Isolated Adrenocorticotropic Hormone Deficiency. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 12:578802 (2021). PubMed: 33679614
- Kanie K et al. Mechanistic insights into immune checkpoint inhibitor-related hypophysitis: a form of paraneoplastic syndrome. Cancer Immunol Immunother N/A:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33977343
- Kemeny HR et al. Targeting PD-L1 Initiates Effective Antitumor Immunity in a Murine Model of Cushing Disease. Clin Cancer Res 26:1141-1151 (2020). PubMed: 31744830
- Ogawa S et al. Abundant expression of the membrane-anchored protease-regulator RECK in the anterior pituitary gland and its implication in the growth hormone/insulin-like growth factor 1 axis in mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol 508:110790 (2020). PubMed: 32165171
- Zhang P et al. A dynamic mouse peptidome landscape reveals probiotic modulation of the gut-brain axis. Sci Signal 13:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32723811