Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Alexa Fluor® 405 Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3924] to Calreticulin - ER Marker
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt (Intra)
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Alexa Fluor® 405. Ex: 402nm, Em: 421nm
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameAlexa Fluor® 405 Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - ER Marker
See all Calreticulin primary antibodies
DescriptionAlexa Fluor® 405 Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3924] to Calreticulin - ER Marker
ConjugationAlexa Fluor® 405. Ex: 402nm, Em: 421nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt (Intra)more details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Monkey
Synthetic peptide. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
- Flow Cyt (intra): HeLa cells. HAP1-WT cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc, a Thermo Fisher Scientific Company. The Alexa Fluor® dye included in this product is provided under an intellectual property license from Life Technologies Corporation. As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye, the purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the purchased product and components of the product only in research conducted by the buyer (whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity). As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye the sale of this product is expressly conditioned on the buyer not using the product or its components, or any materials made using the product or its components, in any activity to generate revenue, which may include, but is not limited to use of the product or its components: in manufacturing; (ii) to provide a service, information, or data in return for payment (iii) for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; or (iv) for resale, regardless of whether they are sold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than research, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5781 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA or email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA, 30% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- HRP Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - ER Marker (ab195511)
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - ER Marker (ab196158)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - ER Marker (ab196159)
- PE Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - ER Marker (ab209577)
- Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - Low endotoxin, Azide free (ab211962)
- Alexa Fluor® 555 Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] (ab275117)
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - ER Marker (ab275343)
- Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - ER Marker (ab92516)
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab210431 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt (Intra)||
Flow Cyt (Intra)
FunctionMolecular calcium-binding chaperone promoting folding, oligomeric assembly and quality control in the ER via the calreticulin/calnexin cycle. This lectin interacts transiently with almost all of the monoglucosylated glycoproteins that are synthesized in the ER. Interacts with the DNA-binding domain of NR3C1 and mediates its nuclear export.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calreticulin family.
DomainCan be divided into a N-terminal globular domain, a proline-rich P-domain forming an elongated arm-like structure and a C-terminal acidic domain. The P-domain binds one molecule of calcium with high affinity, whereas the acidic C-domain binds multiple calcium ions with low affinity.
The interaction with glycans occurs through a binding site in the globular lectin domain.
The zinc binding sites are localized to the N-domain.
Associates with PDIA3 through the tip of the extended arm formed by the P-domain.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen. Cytoplasm > cytosol. Secreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix. Cell surface. Also found in cell surface (T cells), cytosol and extracellular matrix. Associated with the lytic granules in the cytolytic T-lymphocytes.
- Information by UniProt
- Autoantigen RO antibody
- CALR antibody
- CALR protein antibody
Overlay histogram showing HAP1 wildtype (green line) and HAP1-CARL knockout cells (red line) stained with ab210431. The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min), and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton X-100 for 15 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab210431, 10µg/ml dilution) for 30 min at 22°C.
A rabbit monoclonal IgG isotype control antibody (ab208150) was used at the same concentration and conditions as the primary antibody (HAP1 wildtype - black line, HAP1-CARL knockout - grey line). Unlabelled sample was also used as a control (this line is not shown for the purpose of simplicity).
Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 50 mW Violet laser (405nm) and 450/50 bandpass filter.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab210431 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton X-100 for 15 min, blocked with Image-iT® FX Signal Enhancer for 30 min at 22ºC and then blocked with 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum for 1 hr at 22ºC. Cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab210431, 1/50 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC.
Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) Alexa Fluor® 405 (ab208150) used at the same concentration and conditions as the primary antibody. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control.
Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 50mW violet laser (405nm) and 450/50 bandpass filter.
ab210431 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Beola L et al. Critical Parameters to Improve Pancreatic Cancer Treatment Using Magnetic Hyperthermia: Field Conditions, Immune Response, and Particle Biodistribution. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 13:12982-12996 (2021). PubMed: 33709682
- Maczynska J et al. Immunomodulatory activity of IR700-labelled affibody targeting HER2. Cell Death Dis 11:886 (2020). PubMed: 33082328
- Turubanova VD et al. Immunogenic cell death induced by a new photodynamic therapy based on photosens and photodithazine. J Immunother Cancer 7:350 (2019). PubMed: 31842994