Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Rabbit monoclonal [E184] to alpha smooth muscle Actin (acetyl E3) + ACTG2 (acetyl E3)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Alexa Fluor® 647. Ex: 652nm, Em: 668nm
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameAlexa Fluor® 647 Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin (acetyl E3) + ACTG2 (acetyl E3) antibody [E184]
DescriptionAlexa Fluor® 647 Rabbit monoclonal [E184] to alpha smooth muscle Actin (acetyl E3) + ACTG2 (acetyl E3)
ConjugationAlexa Fluor® 647. Ex: 652nm, Em: 668nm
The antibody has been shown to detect P62736-ACTA (gene ACTA2): (Ac)-EEEDSTALVC and P63267-ACTH (gene ACTG2): (Ac)-EEETTALVC in indirect ELISA.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human alpha smooth muscle Actin (N terminal).
- ICC/IF: HeLa cells.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc, a Thermo Fisher Scientific Company. The Alexa Fluor® dye included in this product is provided under an intellectual property license from Life Technologies Corporation. As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye, the purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the purchased product and components of the product only in research conducted by the buyer (whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity). As this product contains the Alexa Fluor® dye the sale of this product is expressly conditioned on the buyer not using the product or its components, or any materials made using the product or its components, in any activity to generate revenue, which may include, but is not limited to use of the product or its components: in manufacturing; (ii) to provide a service, information, or data in return for payment (iii) for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; or (iv) for resale, regardless of whether they are sold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than research, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5781 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- HRP Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin (acetyl E3) + ACTG2 (acetyl E3) antibody [E184] (ab196920)
- PE Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin (acetyl E3) + ACTG2 (acetyl E3) antibody [E184] (ab209435)
- Alexa Fluor® 405 Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin (acetyl E3) + ACTG2 (acetyl E3) antibody [E184] (ab210128)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin (acetyl E3) + ACTG2 (acetyl E3) antibody [E184] - BSA and Azide free (ab215368)
- FITC Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin (acetyl E3) + ACTG2 (acetyl E3) antibody [E184] (ab223920)
- APC Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin (acetyl E3) + ACTG2 (acetyl E3) antibody [E184] (ab223921)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin (acetyl E3) + ACTG2 (acetyl E3) antibody [E184] (ab32575)
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab196919 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Cellular localizationalpha smooth muscle Actin: Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. ACTG2: Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
ab196919 staining alpha Smooth Muscle Actin in HeLa cells. The cells were fixed with 4% PFA (10min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab196919 at 1/100 dilution (shown in red) and ab195887, Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin (Alexa Fluor® 488), at 2µg/ml (shown in green). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue).
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8).
ab196919 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Ou M et al. Long non-coding RNA CDKN2B-AS1 contributes to atherosclerotic plaque formation by forming RNA-DNA triplex in the CDKN2B promoter. EBioMedicine 55:102694 (2020). PubMed: 32335370
- Smith ER & Hewitson TD TGF-ß1 is a regulator of the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex in fibroblasts. Sci Rep 10:17914 (2020). PubMed: 33087819
- Lee YS et al. Microbiota-Derived Lactate Accelerates Intestinal Stem-Cell-Mediated Epithelial Development. Cell Host Microbe 24:833-846.e6 (2018). PubMed: 30543778
- Nojima S et al. CUBIC pathology: three-dimensional imaging for pathological diagnosis. Sci Rep 7:9269 (2017). PubMed: 28839164
- Chen Q et al. Growth-induced stress enhances epithelial-mesenchymal transition induced by IL-6 in clear cell renal cell carcinoma via the Akt/GSK-3ß/ß-catenin signaling pathway. Oncogenesis 6:e375 (2017). PubMed: 28846080