Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Recombinant fragment
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 1 antibody
See all Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 1
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 1.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Recombinant fragment
Predicted to work with: Rat
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThis antibody has been peptide-affinity purified.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39172 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionConverts angiotensin I to angiotensin II by release of the terminal His-Leu, this results in an increase of the vasoconstrictor activity of angiotensin. Also able to inactivate bradykinin, a potent vasodilator. Has also a glycosidase activity which releases GPI-anchored proteins from the membrane by cleaving the mannose linkage in the GPI moiety.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed, with highest levels in lung, kidney, heart, gastrointestinal system and prostate. Isoform Testis-specific is expressed in spermatocytes and adult testis.
Involvement in diseaseIschemic stroke (ISCHSTR) [MIM:601367]: A stroke is an acute neurologic event leading to death of neural tissue of the brain and resulting in loss of motor, sensory and/or cognitive function. Ischemic strokes, resulting from vascular occlusion, is considered to be a highly complex disease consisting of a group of heterogeneous disorders with multiple genetic and environmental risk factors. Note=Disease susceptibility is associated with variations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
Renal tubular dysgenesis (RTD) [MIM:267430]: Autosomal recessive severe disorder of renal tubular development characterized by persistent fetal anuria and perinatal death, probably due to pulmonary hypoplasia from early-onset oligohydramnios (the Potter phenotype). Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
Microvascular complications of diabetes 3 (MVCD3) [MIM:612624]: Pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis. Note=Disease susceptibility is associated with variations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
Intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) [MIM:614519]: A pathological condition characterized by bleeding into one or both cerebral hemispheres including the basal ganglia and the cerebral cortex. It is often associated with hypertension and craniocerebral trauma. Intracerebral bleeding is a common cause of stroke. Note=Disease susceptibility is associated with variations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M2 family.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CK2 on Ser-1299; which allows membrane retention.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- ACE 1 antibody
- ACE antibody
- ACE T antibody
All lanes : Anti-Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 1 antibody (ab39172) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : ACE1 at 0.05 µg
Lane 2 : ACE1 at 0.01 µg
Lane 3 : ACE1 at 0.001 µg
Predicted band size: 150 kDa
Observed band size: 170 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab39172 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Chen Y et al. Diuretic Action of Apelin-13 Mediated by Inhibiting cAMP/PKA/sPRR Pathway. Front Physiol 12:642274 (2021). PubMed: 33868005
- Wang S et al. Pulmonary AngII promotes LPS-induced lung inflammation by regulating microRNA-143. Cytotechnology 73:745-754 (2021). PubMed: 34493899
- Goyal R et al. Antenatal maternal low protein diet: ACE-2 in the mouse lung and sexually dimorphic programming of hypertension. BMC Physiol 15:2 (2015). PubMed: 25971747
- Dahan D et al. Induction of angiotensin-converting enzyme after miR-143/145 deletion is critical for impaired smooth muscle contractility. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 307:C1093-101 (2014). PubMed: 25273883
- Goyal R et al. Antenatal maternal protein deprivation: sexually dimorphic programming of the pancreatic renin-angiotensin system. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 14:137-45 (2013). PubMed: 22898440
- Goyal R et al. Antenatal maternal hypoxic stress: adaptations in fetal lung Renin-Angiotensin system. Reprod Sci 18:180-9 (2011). PubMed: 20978179
- Goyal R et al. Antenatal maternal hypoxic stress: adaptations of the placental renin-angiotensin system in the mouse. Placenta 32:134-9 (2011). PubMed: 21130492
- Boettger T et al. Acquisition of the contractile phenotype by murine arterial smooth muscle cells depends on the Mir143/145 gene cluster. J Clin Invest 119:2634-47 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19690389