Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to BACE2
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-BACE2 antibody
See all BACE2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BACE2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5670 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.
1/10 - 1/200.
Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.
1/10 - 1/200.
FunctionResponsible for the proteolytic processing of the amyloid precursor protein (APP). Cleaves APP, between residues 690 and 691, leading to the generation and extracellular release of beta-cleaved soluble APP, and a corresponding cell-associated C-terminal fragment which is later released by gamma-secretase. It has also been shown that it can cleave APP between residues 671 and 672.
Tissue specificityBrain. Present in neurons within the hippocampus, frontal cortex and temporal cortex (at protein level). Expressed at low levels in most peripheral tissues and at higher levels in colon, kidney, pancreas, placenta, prostate, stomach and trachea. Expressed at low levels in the brain. Found in spinal cord, medulla oblongata, substantia nigra and locus coruleus. Expressed in the ductal epithelium of both normal and malignant prostate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase A1 family.
modificationsUndergoes autoproteolytic cleavage.
Cellular localizationMembrane. Golgi apparatus. Endoplasmic reticulum. Endosome. Cell surface.
- Information by UniProt
- ALP 56 antibody
- ALP56 antibody
- Asp 1 antibody
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of BACE2 (green) showing staining in the nucleus and cytoplasm of A549 cells (right) compared to a negative control without primary antibody (left). Formalin-fixed cells were permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 in TBS for 5-10 minutes and blocked with 3% BSA-PBS for 30 minutes at room temperature. Cells were incubated with ab5670 in 3% BSA-PBS at a dilution of 1:100 and incubated overnight at 4 ºC in a humidified chamber. Cells were washed with PBST and incubated with a DyLight-conjugated secondary antibody in PBS at room temperature in the dark. F-actin (red) was stained with a fluorescent red phalloidin and nuclei (blue) were stained with Hoechst or DAPI. Images were taken at a magnification of 60x.
All lanes : Anti-BACE2 antibody (ab5670) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse spleen cell lysate
Lane 2 : SH-SY5Y cell lysate
Lane 3 : HL60 cell lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
ab5670 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Chen Z et al. Cell surface GRP78 regulates BACE2 via lysosome-dependent manner to maintain mesenchymal phenotype of glioma stem cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 40:20 (2021). PubMed: 33413577
- Cao K et al. Exposure to fluoride aggravates the impairment in learning and memory and neuropathological lesions in mice carrying the APP/PS1 double-transgenic mutation. Alzheimers Res Ther 11:35 (2019). PubMed: 31010414
- Holler CJ et al. BACE2 expression increases in human neurodegenerative disease. Am J Pathol 180:337-50 (2012). PubMed: 22074738
- Ahmed RR et al. BACE1 and BACE2 enzymatic activities in Alzheimer's disease. J Neurochem 112:1045-53 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19968762