Anti-CD8 alpha antibody (ab4055)
Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CD8 alpha
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Get better batch-to-batch reproducibility with a recombinant antibody
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-CD8 alpha antibody
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CD8 alpha
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Dog, Rhesus monkey
Synthetic peptide. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4055 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Entrez Gene: 925 Human
- Entrez Gene: 698329 Rhesus monkey
- Omim: 186910 Human
- SwissProt: P01732 Human
- Unigene: 85258 Human
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD_antigen=CD8a antibody
- CD8 antibody
ab4055 staining CD8 alpha in human spleen tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 2% BSA for 10 minutes at 21°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in citric acid. Samples were incubated with the primary antibody (1/100 in TBS/BSA/azide) for 16 hours at 21°C. A biotin-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/300) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab4055 staining CD8 alpha in Human lymph node tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked for 5 minutes at 25°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200) for 1 hour at 25°C. A Biotin-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab4055 at 1/200 staining CD8 alpha in human tonsil tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
ab4055 at 1/500 dilution staining CD8 alpha from human PBMC (Peripheral blood mononuclear cells) tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was paraformaldehyde fixed and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed prior to incubation with the antibody for 20 minutes. A biotinylated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
Datasheets and documents
ab4055 has been referenced in 156 publications.
- Dang Y et al. HOXA7 promotes the metastasis of KRAS mutant colorectal cancer by regulating myeloid-derived suppressor cells. Cancer Cell Int 22:88 (2022). PubMed: 35183163
- Nan L et al. ARID1A Downregulation Predicts High PD-L1 Expression and Worse Clinical Outcome in Patients With Gallbladder Cancer. Front Oncol 12:787897 (2022). PubMed: 35198440
- Fang T et al. Evaluation of Immune Infiltration Based on Image Plus Helps Predict the Prognosis of Stage III Gastric Cancer Patients with Significantly Different Outcomes in Northeastern China. Dis Markers 2022:2893336 (2022). PubMed: 35371344
- Pham TN et al. Inhibition of MNKs promotes macrophage immunosuppressive phenotype to limit CD8+ T cell antitumor immunity. JCI Insight 7:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35380995
- James NE et al. Intratumoral expression analysis reveals that OX40 and TIM-3 are prominently expressed and have variable associations with clinical outcomes in high grade serous ovarian cancer. Oncol Lett 23:188 (2022). PubMed: 35527785