Anti-Complex I subunit 8 kDa antibody [17C8E4E11] (ab110245)
Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [17C8E4E11] to Complex I subunit 8 kDa
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Complex I subunit 8 kDa antibody [17C8E4E11]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [17C8E4E11] to Complex I subunit 8 kDa
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Full length native protein (purified). This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- Isolated mitochondria from Human, Bovine, Rat and Mouse hearts.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam. If you require a custom buffer formulation or conjugation for your experiments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Product was previously marketed under the MitoSciences sub-brand.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferpH: 7.5
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesab110245 was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation.
Light chain typekappa
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110245 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
RelevanceCore subunit of the mitochondrial membrane respiratory chain NADH dehydrogenase (Complex I) that is believed to belong to the minimal assembly required for catalysis. Complex I functions in the transfer of electrons from NADH to the respiratory chain. The immediate electron acceptor for the enzyme is believed to be ubiquinone.
- Entrez Gene: 287027 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 4728 Human
- Entrez Gene: 225887 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 293652 Rat
- Omim: 602141 Human
- SwissProt: O00217 Human
- SwissProt: Q8K3J1 Mouse
- BC021616 antibody
- CI 23k antibody
- CI23KD antibody
Datasheets and documents
ab110245 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Martínez J et al. Mitofusins modulate the increase in mitochondrial length, bioenergetics and secretory phenotype in therapy-induced senescent melanoma cells. Biochem J 476:2463-2486 (2019). PubMed: 31431479
- Philley JV et al. Complex-I Alteration and Enhanced Mitochondrial Fusion Are Associated With Prostate Cancer Progression. J Cell Physiol 231:1364-74 (2016). PubMed: 26530043
- Hauser DN et al. Post-translational decrease in respiratory chain proteins in the Polg mutator mouse brain. PLoS One 9:e94646 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24722488
- Thomas RR et al. Recombinant human mitochondrial transcription factor A stimulates mitochondrial biogenesis and ATP synthesis, improves motor function after MPTP, reduces oxidative stress and increases survival after endotoxin. Mitochondrion 11:108-18 (2011). PubMed: 20727424
- Keeney PM et al. Mitochondrial gene therapy augments mitochondrial physiology in a Parkinson's disease cell model. Hum Gene Ther 20:897-907 (2009). PubMed: 19374590