Key features and details
- FITC Mouse monoclonal [MEM-15] to CD14
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameFITC Anti-CD14 antibody [MEM-15]
See all CD14 primary antibodies
DescriptionFITC Mouse monoclonal [MEM-15] to CD14
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
SpecificityAb28061 recognises CD14 expressed strongly on the surface of monocytes and weakly on the surface of granulocytes; also expressed by most tissue macrophages. Ab28061 also recognises soluble forms of CD14 found in serum and in the urine of some nephrotic patients.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified): A crude mixture of human urinary proteins precipitated by ammonium sulphate from the urine of a patient suffering from proteinuria.
The antibody is free of unconjugated FITC.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.2% BSA
High grade protease free BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- PerCP/Cy5.5® Anti-CD14 antibody [MEM-15], prediluted (ab157312)
- APC/Cy7® Anti-CD14 antibody [MEM-15], prediluted (ab194805)
- PE/Cy5® Anti-CD14 antibody [MEM-15] (ab232910)
- PE/Cy7® Anti-CD14 antibody [MEM-15] (ab234214)
- Alexa Fluor® 700 Anti-CD14 antibody [MEM-15] (ab269326)
- PerCP Anti-CD14 antibody [MEM-15] (ab269327)
- Biotin Anti-CD14 antibody [MEM-15] (ab28118)
- APC Anti-CD14 antibody [MEM-15] (ab60901)
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28061 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use 20µl for 106 cells.
or 100 µl of whole blood.
Use 20µl for 106 cells.
or 100 µl of whole blood.
FunctionCooperates with MD-2 and TLR4 to mediate the innate immune response to bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS). Acts via MyD88, TIRAP and TRAF6, leading to NF-kappa-B activation, cytokine secretion and the inflammatory response. Up-regulates cell surface molecules, including adhesion molecules.
Tissue specificityExpressed strongly on the surface of monocytes and weakly on the surface of granulocytes; also expressed by most tissue macrophages.
Sequence similaritiesContains 11 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
modificationsN- and O- glycosylated. O-glycosylated with a core 1 or possibly core 8 glycan.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 14 antibody
- CD_antigen=CD14 antibody
- CD14 antibody
Flow cytometry analysis of human peripheral blood cells labelling CD14 with ab28061.
ab28061 staining CD14 in peripheral blood mononuclear cells by flow cytometry. The fibroblasts were prepared using 10 uL FITC antiCD14 to 50 uL (~100,000) cells in PBS/5%FCS and incubated on ice for 45 min. Cells were gated on viable cells.
ab28061 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Meng Q et al. Human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell-derived extracellular vesicles impede the progression of cervical cancer via the miR-144-3p/CEP55 pathway. J Cell Mol Med 25:1867-1883 (2021). PubMed: 33417281
- Meng Q & Qiu B Exosomal MicroRNA-320a Derived From Mesenchymal Stem Cells Regulates Rheumatoid Arthritis Fibroblast-Like Synoviocyte Activation by Suppressing CXCL9 Expression. Front Physiol 11:441 (2020). PubMed: 32528301
- Gonda K et al. Myeloid-derived suppressor cells are increased and correlated with type 2 immune responses, malnutrition, inflammation, and poor prognosis in patients with breast cancer. Oncol Lett 14:1766-1774 (2017). PubMed: 28789407
- Shi Q et al. Differentiation of human umbilical cord Wharton's jelly-derived mesenchymal stem cells into endometrial cells. Stem Cell Res Ther 8:246 (2017). PubMed: 29096715
- Jensen J et al. Functionalization of polycaprolactone scaffolds with hyaluronic acid and ß-TCP facilitates migration and osteogenic differentiation of human dental pulp stem cells in vitro. Tissue Eng Part A 21:729-39 (2015). PubMed: 25252795
- Steensma MR et al. Targeting the giant cell tumor stromal cell: functional characterization and a novel therapeutic strategy. PLoS One 8:e69101 (2013). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 23922683
- Sing A et al. Yersinia V-antigen exploits toll-like receptor 2 and CD14 for interleukin 10-mediated immunosuppression. J Exp Med 196:1017-24 (2002). PubMed: 12391013