Anti-GAD65 + GAD67 antibody (ab49832)
Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GAD65 + GAD67
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Get better batch-to-batch reproducibility with a recombinant antibody
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-GAD65 + GAD67 antibody
See all GAD65 + GAD67 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GAD65 + GAD67
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
K-DIDFLIEEIERLGQDLconjugated to KLH by a Glutaraldehyde linker, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 579-594 (with N-terminally added lysine) of Human GAD67. The sequence is identical in Human GAD 65 (amino acids 570-585).
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityIon Exchange Chromatography
Purification notesWhole antiserum is fractionated and then further purified by ion-exchange chromatography to provide the IgG fraction of antiserum that is essentially free of other Rabbit serum proteins.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49832 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/1000 - 1/2000.
1/1000 - 1/2000.
RelevanceThis gene encodes one of several forms of glutamic acid decarboxylase, identified as a major autoantigen in insulin-dependent diabetes. The enzyme encoded is responsible for catalyzing the production of gamma aminobutyric acid from L glutamic acid. A pathogenic role for this enzyme has been identified in the human pancreas since it has been identified as an autoantibody and an autoreactive T cell target in insulin dependent diabetes. This gene may also play a role in the stiff man syndrome.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm; cytosol. Associated to cytoplasmic vesicles. In neurons, cytosolic leaflet of Golgi membranes and presynaptic clusters.
- Entrez Gene: 24379 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 24380 Rat
- SwissProt: P18088 Rat
- SwissProt: Q05683 Rat
- 65 kDa glutamic acid decarboxylase antibody
- 67 kDa glutamic acid decarboxylase antibody
- GAD 65 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Rat pancreatics sections labelling GAD65 & GAD67 with ab49832 at a concentration of 1/1000. The secondary used was a biotin peroxidase.
ab49832 staining human pancreas tissue sections by IHC-P. Sections were formaldehyde fixed and subjected to heat mediated antigen retreival in 10mM citrate buffer prior to incubation with ab49832, diluted 1/2000, for 1 hour at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor® 546 conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody, diluted 1/200, was used as the secondary.
Datasheets and documents
ab49832 has been referenced in 27 publications.
- Grippo RM et al. Dopamine Signaling in the Suprachiasmatic Nucleus Enables Weight Gain Associated with Hedonic Feeding. Curr Biol 30:196-208.e8 (2020). PubMed: 31902720
- Chang W et al. PTH hypersecretion triggered by a GABAB1 and Ca2+-sensing receptor heterocomplex in hyperparathyroidism. Nat Metab 2:243-255 (2020). PubMed: 32694772
- Meyer G et al. Cajal-Retzius neurons are required for the development of the human hippocampal fissure. J Anat 235:569-589 (2019). PubMed: 30861578
- Perez SM et al. Region specific knockdown of Parvalbumin or Somatostatin produces neuronal and behavioral deficits consistent with those observed in schizophrenia. Transl Psychiatry 9:264 (2019). PubMed: 31636253
- Gonzalez-Reyes LE et al. Sonic Hedgehog is expressed by hilar mossy cells and regulates cellular survival and neurogenesis in the adult hippocampus. Sci Rep 9:17402 (2019). PubMed: 31758070