Key features and details
- HRP Rabbit polyclonal to 6X His tag®
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameHRP Anti-6X His tag® antibody
See all 6X His tag® primary antibodies
DescriptionHRP Rabbit polyclonal to 6X His tag®
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
- E. coli Positive Control (Escherichia coli ) Whole Cell Lysate - expressing 6X His tag protein (ab2431) can be used as a positive control in WB.
See other anti-rabbit secondary antibodies that can be used with this antibody.
HIS-TAG® is a trademark of EMD Biosciences, Inc.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.002% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.19% HEPES, 0.58% Sodium chloride, 0.2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntibodies were immunoaffinity purified using the peptide conjugated to a solid-phase support and conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
- HRP Anti-6X His tag® antibody [4D11] (ab202004)
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1187 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/5000 - 1/20000.
1/1000 - 1/5000.
1/5000 - 1/20000.
1/1000 - 1/5000.
RelevanceThe H-H-H-H-H-H motif is used as a tag on many recombinant proteins to facilitate purification. His-tags can be fused to the amino- or carboxy- termini of proteins in transfected or transformed cells.
Cellular localizationDepends upon the localization of the parent protein tagged with hexahistidine.
- 6 His epitope tag antibody
- Hexa His tag antibody
- HHHHHH epitope tag antibody
All lanes : HRP Anti-6X His tag® antibody (ab1187) at 1/4000 dilution
Lane 1 : 4ug Human His-tagged protein purified from E.coli
Lane 2 : 2ug Human His-tagged protein purified from E.coli
Lane 3 : 1ug Human His-tagged protein purified from E.coli
Lane 4 : 0.5ug Human His-tagged protein purified from E.coli
Observed band size: 136 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab1187 has been referenced in 115 publications.
- Mendon N et al. Nanobody derived using a peptide epitope from the spike protein receptor-binding motif inhibits entry of SARS-CoV-2 variants. J Biol Chem 299:102732 (2023). PubMed: 36423687
- Ling H et al. A sugarcane smut fungus effector simulates the host endogenous elicitor peptide to suppress plant immunity. New Phytol 233:919-933 (2022). PubMed: 34716592
- Merikhian P et al. Recombinant nanobody against MUC1 tandem repeats inhibits growth, invasion, metastasis, and vascularization of spontaneous mouse mammary tumors. Mol Oncol 16:485-507 (2022). PubMed: 34694686
- Liu J et al. Therapeutic use of α2-antiplasmin as an antifibrinolytic and hemostatic agent in surgery and regenerative medicine. NPJ Regen Med 7:34 (2022). PubMed: 35773290
- Do HQ & Jansen M Cell-Free Expression of Proton-Coupled Folate Transporter in the Presence of Nanodiscs. Methods Mol Biol 2507:425-444 (2022). PubMed: 35773596