Recombinant Anti-Human IgM antibody [EPR20731] (ab212201)
Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR20731] to Human IgM
- Suitable for: WB, IP, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameAnti-Human IgM antibody [EPR20731]
See all Human IgM primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR20731] to Human IgM
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
- WB: Raji whole cell lysate; human tonsil and fetal spleen tissue lysates. IP: Raji whole cell lysate. ICC/IF: Raji cells. Flow cytometry: Human PBMC cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab212201 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa.
1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa.
RelevanceIgM normally constitutes about 10% of serum immunoglobulins. IgM antibody is prominent in early immune responses to most antigens and is largely confined to plasma due to it's large size. Monomeric IgM is expressed as a membrane bound antibody on the surface of B cells and as a pentamer when secreted by plasma cells. Due to it's high valency IgM is more efficient than other isotypes is binding antigens with repeating epitopes (virus particles and red blood cells) and is more efficient than IgG in activiating the complement pathway. The gene for the mu constant region contains four domains separated by short intervening sequences. IgM measurement yields information about the body's immediate resistance and response to infection as well as information related to specific diseases. Decreased levels are associated with immune deficiency states, hereditary deficiencies, and myeloma. Increased levels can be associated with Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia, chronic infection and hepatocellular disease.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane and Secreted
- Entrez Gene: 3507 Human
- Omim: 147020 Human
- SwissProt: P01871 Human
- Immunoglobin heavy chain constant region mu antibody
- AGM1 antibody
- Constant region of heavy chain of IgM antibody
Immunofluorescent analysis of 100% methanol-fixed Raji (human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) cells labeling IgM with ab212201 at 1/100 dilution, followed by Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150077) secondary antibody at 1/1000 dilution (green). Confocal image showing cytoplasmic staining in Raji cells.
The nuclear counterstain is DAPI (blue). Tubulin is detected with Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab195889) at 1/200 dilution (red).
Secondary antibody only control: Used PBS instead of primary antibody, followed by Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150077) secondary antibody at 1/1000 dilution.
All lanes : Anti-Human IgM antibody [EPR20731] (ab212201) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Raji (human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) whole cell lysate at 20 µg
Lane 2 : Human tonsil tissue lysate at 20 µg
Lane 3 : Human fetal spleen tissue lysate at 10 µg
All lanes : VeriBlot for IP Detection Reagent (HRP) (ab131366) at 1/4000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 49 kDa
Observed band size: 78 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
The blot was developed on a BIO-RAD® ChemiDoc™ MP instrument.
The molecular mass observed is consistent with the literature (PMID 16199094; PMID: 15955802; PMID 2107027).
Blocking and dilution buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Lanes 1 & 3: 3 minutes.
Lane 2: 10 seconds.
Flow cytometric analysis of human PBMC (peripheral blood mononuclear cells) cell line labeling IgM with ab212201 at 1/50 (right panel) compared with an isotype control details (ab172730) (left panel). Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150077), at 1/2000 dilution was used as the secondary antibody.
Human PBMCs co-stained with anti-CD19 (Y-axis); only CD19+ population give a positive signal for IgM. Gated on total viable cells.
IgM was immunoprecipitated from 0.35 mg of Raji (human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) whole cell lysate with ab212201 at 1/30 dilution. Western blot was performed from the immunoprecipitate using ab212201 at 1/1000 dilution. VeriBlot for IP Detection Reagent (HRP) (ab131366), was used for detection at 1/10,000 dilution.
Lane 1: Raji whole cell lysate 10 μg (Input).
Lane 2: ab212201 IP in Raji whole cell lysate.
Lane 3: Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) instead of ab212201 in Raji whole cell lysate.
Blocking and dilution buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Exposure time: 10 seconds.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
Certificate of Compliance
ab212201 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Tan L et al. Mesangial IgM deposition predicts renal outcome in patients with IgA nephropathy: a multicenter, observational study. Clin Exp Med N/A:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33837881
- Frensch M et al. Bacterial lectin BambL acts as a B cell superantigen. Cell Mol Life Sci 78:8165-8186 (2021). PubMed: 34731252
- Hao Y et al. Analysis of the relationship between Oxford classification, IgM deposition and multiple indexes and the adverse prognosis of patients with primary IgA nephropathy and related risk factors. Exp Ther Med 17:1234-1239 (2019). PubMed: 30679997
- Fetz AE et al. Surface Area to Volume Ratio of Electrospun Polydioxanone Templates Regulates the Adsorption of Soluble Proteins from Human Serum. Bioengineering (Basel) 6:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31480458