Recombinant Anti-Ionotropic Glutamate receptor 2 antibody [EPR5032] (ab133477)
Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5032] to Ionotropic Glutamate receptor 2
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt (Intra), WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameAnti-Ionotropic Glutamate receptor 2 antibody [EPR5032]
See all Ionotropic Glutamate receptor 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5032] to Ionotropic Glutamate receptor 2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt (Intra), WB, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Ionotropic Glutamate receptor 2 aa 150-250. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Flow Cyt (intra): SH-SY5Y cells; ICC/IF: Neuro-2a cells WB: Human hypothalamus and midbrain lysate.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.05% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 59% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133477 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt (Intra)||
1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 98 kDa.
Flow Cyt (Intra)
1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 98 kDa.
FunctionIonotropic glutamate receptor. L-glutamate acts as an excitatory neurotransmitter at many synapses in the central nervous system. Binding of the excitatory neurotransmitter L-glutamate induces a conformation change, leading to the opening of the cation channel, and thereby converts the chemical signal to an electrical impulse. The receptor then desensitizes rapidly and enters a transient inactive state, characterized by the presence of bound agonist. In the presence of CACNG4 or CACNG7 or CACNG8, shows resensitization which is characterized by a delayed accumulation of current flux upon continued application of glutamate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutamate-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.10.1) family. GRIA2 subfamily.
modificationsPalmitoylated. Depalmitoylated upon glutamate stimulation. Cys-610 palmitoylation leads to Golgi retention and decreased cell surface expression. In contrast, Cys-836 palmitoylation does not affect cell surface expression but regulates stimulation-dependent endocytosis.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Cell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Interaction with CACNG2, CNIH2 and CNIH3 promotes cell surface expression.
- Information by UniProt
- Entrez Gene: 2891 Human
- Entrez Gene: 14800 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 29627 Rat
- Omim: 138247 Human
- SwissProt: P42262 Human
- SwissProt: P23819 Mouse
- SwissProt: P19491 Rat
- Unigene: 32763 Human
- AMPA 2 antibody
- AMPA selective glutamate receptor 2 antibody
- AMPA-selective glutamate receptor 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Ionotropic Glutamate receptor 2 antibody [EPR5032] (ab133477) at 1/5000 dilution (Purified)
Lane 1 : Human hypothalamus lysate
Lane 2 : Human midbrain lysate
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP) with minimal cross-reactivity with human IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 98 kDa
Immunocytochemistry analysis of Neuro-2a (Mouse neuroblastoma neuroblast) cells labeling Ionotropic Glutamate receptor 2 with purified ab133477 at 1/70 dilution (10 µg/mL). Cells were fixed in 4% Paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.1% tritonX-100. Cells were counterstained with Ab195889 Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - Microtubule Marker (Alexa Fluor® 594) 1/200 (2.5 µg/mL). Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488, ab150077) was used as the secondary antibody at 1/1000 (2 µg/mL) dilution. DAPI (blue) was used as nuclear counterstain. PBS instead of the primary antibody was used as the secondary antibody only control.
Intracellular Flow Cytometry analysis of SH-SY5Y (Human neuroblastoma epithelial cell) cells labeling Ionotropic Glutamate receptor 2 (red) with ab133477 at a 1/200 dilution. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 90% methanol. A goat anti-rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluorr® 488) (ab150077) was used as the secondary antibody at a 1/2000 dilution. Black - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black) (ab172730). Blue (unlabeled control) - Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue).
Datasheets and documents
ab133477 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Gallina AL et al. AMPA-Type Glutamate Receptors Associated With Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Subpopulations in Atherosclerosis and Vascular Injury. Front Cardiovasc Med 8:655869 (2021). PubMed: 33959644
- Hashem J et al. Inhibition of 2-Arachidonoylglycerol Metabolism Alleviates Neuropathology and Improves Cognitive Function in a Tau Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease. Mol Neurobiol 58:4122-4133 (2021). PubMed: 33939165
- Liu H et al. Valproic Acid Induces Autism-Like Synaptic and Behavioral Deficits by Disrupting Histone Acetylation of Prefrontal Cortex ALDH1A1 in Rats. Front Neurosci 15:641284 (2021). PubMed: 33994921
- Santa-Marinha L et al. Phospholipase D1 Ablation Disrupts Mouse Longitudinal Hippocampal Axis Organization and Functioning. Cell Rep 30:4197-4208.e6 (2020). PubMed: 32209478
- Yu L et al. Butyrate, but not propionate, reverses maternal diet-induced neurocognitive deficits in offspring. Pharmacol Res 160:105082 (2020). PubMed: 32679183