Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [CD#5- 7E9BG5AF4] to Miranda
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Drosophila melanogaster
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-Miranda antibody [CD#5- 7E9BG5AF4]
DescriptionRat monoclonal [CD#5- 7E9BG5AF4] to Miranda
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Drosophila melanogaster
Synthetic peptide. This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam. If you require a custom buffer formulation or conjugation for your experiments, please contact email@example.com.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Product was previously marketed under the MitoSciences sub-brand.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.5
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
Clone numberCD#5- 7E9BG5AF4
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab197788 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
- Entrez Gene: 42379 Drosophila melanogaster
- SwissProt: Q9VDR7 Drosophila melanogaster
- CG12249 antibody
- Dmel\CG12249 antibody
- Mir antibody
- mira antibody
Immunohistochemistry analysis using Miranda rat monoclonal to detect Miranda protein in all neuroblasts from Drosophila stage 10 embryos. Lateral view showing asymmetric partitioning of Miranda protein to the basal cortex of the neuroblasts, and then specifically into the smaller basal daughter cells (GMCs). The Miranda antibody was used at 3.4 µg/mL and detected with Alexa488 conjugated goat anti-rat at 1:400. The cells were fixed in 4% formaldehyde for 25 minutes, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100/PBS, and blocked in 0.1% Triton X-100/PBS, 2.5% Normal Goat Serum, 2.5% Normal Donkey Serum.
Datasheets and documents
ab197788 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Holly RW et al. A Conserved PDZ-Binding Motif in aPKC Interacts with Par-3 and Mediates Cortical Polarity. Curr Biol 30:893-898.e5 (2020). PubMed: 32084408
- Chippalkatti R et al. Mms19 promotes spindle microtubule assembly in Drosophila neural stem cells. PLoS Genet 16:e1008913 (2020). PubMed: 33211700
- Liu X et al. Mitotic Implantation of the Transcription Factor Prospero via Phase Separation Drives Terminal Neuronal Differentiation. Dev Cell 52:277-293.e8 (2020). PubMed: 31866201
- Link N et al. Mutations in ANKLE2, a ZIKA Virus Target, Disrupt an Asymmetric Cell Division Pathway in Drosophila Neuroblasts to Cause Microcephaly. Dev Cell 51:713-729.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31735666
- Chen D et al. Shep regulates Drosophila neuronal remodeling by controlling transcription of its chromatin targets. Development 145:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29158441
- Li B et al. The retromer complex safeguards against neural progenitor-derived tumorigenesis by regulating Notch receptor trafficking. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30176986
- Szuperak M et al. A sleep state inDrosophilalarvae required for neural stem cell proliferation. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29424688
- Liu K et al. The Super Elongation Complex Drives Neural Stem Cell Fate Commitment. Dev Cell 40:537-551.e6 (2017). PubMed: 28350987
- Golub O et al. Activation of Discs large by aPKC aligns the mitotic spindle to the polarity axis during asymmetric cell division. Elife 6:N/A (2017). IHC ; Drosophila melanogaster . PubMed: 29185419
- Yang CP et al. Imp and Syp RNA-binding proteins govern decommissioning ofDrosophilaneural stem cells. Development 144:3454-3464 (2017). PubMed: 28851709