Anti-Neuropeptide Y antibody (ab30914)
Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Neuropeptide Y
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Get better batch-to-batch reproducibility with a recombinant antibody
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Neuropeptide Y antibody
See all Neuropeptide Y primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Neuropeptide Y
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Pigeon, Pig, Zebrafish, Rhesus monkey, Common marmoset
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Pig Neuropeptide Y aa 1 to the C-terminus conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30914 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
FunctionNPY is implicated in the control of feeding and in secretion of gonadotrophin-release hormone.
Tissue specificityOne of the most abundant peptides in the nervous system. Also found in some chromaffin cells of the adrenal medulla.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NPY family.
- Information by UniProt
- Entrez Gene: 396464 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 504216 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 100724008 Guinea pig
- Entrez Gene: 4852 Human
- Entrez Gene: 109648 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397304 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 24604 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 574114 Rhesus monkey
- C-flanking peptide of NPY antibody
- CPON antibody
- Neuropeptide tyrosine antibody
Immunohistochemistical detection of Neuropeptide Y using ab30914 on formaldehyde-fixed paraffin-embedded rat brain sections. The image shows NPY staining in the cerebellum and frontal cortex of the rat brain. Formaldehyde antigen retrieval step: heat mediated in cittric acid ph6 buffer. Blocking step: 1% BSA for 10 mins at room temperature. ab30914 incubated at 1/1000 for 2 hours in TBS/BSA/azide. Secondary Antibody: anti-rabbit IgG conjugated to biotin (1/200)
Immunohistochemistical detection of Neuropeptide Y antibody (ab30914) on formaldehyde fixed paraffin-embedded human foetal wall sectionsAntigen retrieval step: Heat mediated. Buffer: Citric acid pH6. Permeabilization: None. Blocking step: 1% BSA for 10 mins at 21°C. Primary antibody incubated at 1/1500 for 2 hours at 21°C in TBS/BSA/azide. Abcam's EXPOSE detection kit was used: ab80436. NB: In the submitted image arrowheads indicate positive features: red for ganglion cells in the Submucosa (Meissner's plexus), green for ganglion cells in the Muscularis externa (Auerbach's plexus). There is also a diffuse fine positivity throughout the smooth muscle cells of the externa.
IHC image of Neuropeptide Y antibody staining in a section of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded human cerebral cortex* tissue performed on a Leica BONDTM system using the standard protocol. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20mins. The section was then incubated with ab30914, 1ug/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
Datasheets and documents
ab30914 has been referenced in 77 publications.
- Miranda CO et al. Morphological and neurochemical characterization of glycinergic neurons in laminae I-IV of the mouse spinal dorsal horn. J Comp Neurol 530:607-626 (2022). PubMed: 34382691
- Owaki T et al. Involvement of the liver-gut peripheral neural axis in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease pathologies via hepatic HTR2A. Dis Model Mech 15:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35765850
- Mai H et al. Scalable tissue labeling and clearing of intact human organs. Nat Protoc 17:2188-2215 (2022). PubMed: 35859136
- Sigorski D et al. Neuropeptide Y and its receptors in prostate cancer: associations with cancer invasiveness and perineural spread. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol N/A:N/A (2022). PubMed: 36583743
- Eisenberg C et al. Reduced hippocampal inhibition and enhanced autism-epilepsy comorbidity in mice lacking neuropilin 2. Transl Psychiatry 11:537 (2021). PubMed: 34663783