Recombinant Anti-Neutrophil Elastase antibody [NP57] (ab254178)
Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Mouse monoclonal [NP57] to Neutrophil Elastase
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameAnti-Neutrophil Elastase antibody [NP57]
See all Neutrophil Elastase primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [NP57] to Neutrophil Elastase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P or WB
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified) within Human Neutrophil Elastase. The exact immunogen sequence used to generate this antibody is proprietary information. If additional detail on the immunogen is needed to determine the suitability of the antibody for your needs, please contact our Scientific Support team to discuss your requirements.
Database link: P08246
- ICC/IF: U-937 cells.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam. If you require a custom buffer formulation or conjugation for your experiments, please contact email@example.com.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab254178 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 11.16 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 11.16 µg/ml.
FunctionModifies the functions of natural killer cells, monocytes and granulocytes. Inhibits C5a-dependent neutrophil enzyme release and chemotaxis.
Tissue specificityBone marrow cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ELANE are a cause of cyclic haematopoiesis (CH) [MIM:162800]; also known as cyclic neutropenia. CH is an autosomal dominant disease in which blood-cell production from the bone marrow oscillates with 21-day periodicity. Circulating neutrophils vary between almost normal numbers and zero. During intervals of neutropenia, affected individuals are at risk for opportunistic infection. Monocytes, platelets, lymphocytes and reticulocytes also cycle with the same frequency.
Defects in ELANE are the cause of neutropenia severe congenital autosomal dominant type 1 (SCN1) [MIM:202700]. SCN1 is a disorder of hematopoiesis characterized by a maturation arrest of granulopoiesis at the level of promyelocytes with peripheral blood absolute neutrophil counts below 0.5 x 10(9)/l and early onset of severe bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family. Elastase subfamily.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Entrez Gene: 1991 Human
- Omim: 130130 Human
- SwissProt: P08246 Human
- Unigene: 99863 Human
- Bone marrow serine protease antibody
- ELA2 antibody
- ELANE antibody
Immunofluorescent analysis of 4% paraformaldehyde-fixed, 0.1% Triton X-100 permeabilized U-937 (human histiocytic lymphoma monocyte) cells labeling Neutrophil Elastase with ab254178 at 11.16µg/ml, followed by Goat Anti-Mouse IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150113) secondary antibody at 1/1000 dilution (green). Confocal image showing membranous staining on U-937 cell line. The nuclear counterstain is DAPI (blue).
Tubulin is detected with ab179504 Anti-beta IV Tubulin antibody - Microtubule Marker at 1/1000 dilution, followed by Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab150080) secondary antibody at 1/1000 dilution (red).
The negative controls are as follows:
-ve control 1: ab254178 at 1/50 dilution, followed by Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab150080) secondary antibody at 1/1000 dilution.
-ve control 2: ab179504 at 1/200 dilution, followed by ab150113 AlexaFluor®488 Goat anti-Mouse secondary at 1/1000 dilution.
Negative control: Jurkat（PMID: 22564522.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab254178 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Yan KX et al. IgE and FceRI are highly expressed on innate cells in psoriasis. Br J Dermatol 175:122-33 (2016). PubMed: 26853903
- Snäll J et al. Differential neutrophil responses to bacterial stimuli: Streptococcal strains are potent inducers of heparin-binding protein and resistin-release. Sci Rep 6:21288 (2016). PubMed: 26887258
- Farrar MD et al. A randomized controlled trial of green tea catechins in protection against ultraviolet radiation-induced cutaneous inflammation. Am J Clin Nutr 102:608-15 (2015). PubMed: 26178731
- Hochman SE et al. Fatal Pediatric Cerebral Malaria Is Associated with Intravascular Monocytes and Platelets That Are Increased with HIV Coinfection. MBio 6:e01390-15 (2015). PubMed: 26396242
- Nasser S et al. Effect of endobronchial aspirin challenge on inflammatory cells in bronchial biopsy samples from aspirin-sensitive asthmatic subjects. Thorax 51:64-70 (1996). PubMed: 8658372
- Ralfkiaer E et al. Diagnosis of acute myeloid leukaemia with the use of monoclonal anti-neutrophil elastase (NP57) reactive with routinely processed biopsy samples. Histopathology 14:637-43 (1989). PubMed: 2759560
- Pulford KA et al. Use of monoclonal antibody against human neutrophil elastase in normal and leukaemic myeloid cells. J Clin Pathol 41:853-60 (1988). PubMed: 2844860