Anti-PLVAP/PV-1 antibody [174/2] (ab81719)
Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [174/2] to PLVAP/PV-1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-PLVAP/PV-1 antibody [174/2]
See all PLVAP/PV-1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [174/2] to PLVAP/PV-1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tissue, cells or virus. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
- Human tonsil cells.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesab81719 is 0.2µM filtered.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81719 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Typical starting dilution 1/50.
IHC-Fr: Typical starting dilution 1/50.
WB: Typical starting dilution 1/50. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionInvolved in the formation of stomatal and fenestral diaphragms of caveolae. May function in microvascular permeability.
Tissue specificityExpressed in lung, kidney, heart, aorta, placenta, muscle, pituitary gland, adrenals, mammary gland, bladder, lymph node, bone marrow, trachea, digestive tract, liver and tumor-associated endothelium.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Membrane > caveola. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane-associated protein of caveolae. Found in fenestral and stomatal diaphragms in fenestrated endothelia and transendothelial channels. Also colocalized with CAV1 in perinuclear region.
- Information by UniProt
- Entrez Gene: 83483 Human
- Omim: 607647 Human
- SwissProt: Q9BX97 Human
- Unigene: 107125 Human
- FELS antibody
- Fenestrated endothelial linked structure protein antibody
- Fenestrated endothelial-linked structure protein antibody
ab81719 at 1/50 dilution staining PLVAP/PV-1 in human tonsil by Immunofluorescence.
Overlay histogram showing HL60 cells stained with ab81719 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab81719, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line). Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in HL60 cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
Datasheets and documents
ab81719 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Song MJ et al. Bioprinted 3D outer retina barrier uncovers RPE-dependent choroidal phenotype in advanced macular degeneration. Nat Methods 20:149-161 (2023). PubMed: 36550275
- Muranyi W et al. Immortalized human choroid plexus endothelial cells enable an advanced endothelial-epithelial two-cell type in vitro model of the choroid plexus. iScience 25:104383 (2022). PubMed: 35633941
- Nakagami Y et al. An anti-PLVAP antibody suppresses laser-induced choroidal neovascularization in monkeys. Eur J Pharmacol 854:240-246 (2019). PubMed: 31026444
- Belle M et al. Tridimensional Visualization and Analysis of Early Human Development. Cell 169:161-173.e12 (2017). PubMed: 28340341
- Wisniewska-Kruk J et al. Plasmalemma Vesicle-Associated Protein Has a Key Role in Blood-Retinal Barrier Loss. Am J Pathol 186:1044-54 (2016). PubMed: 26878208
- Elkadri A et al. Mutations in Plasmalemma Vesicle Associated Protein Result in Sieving Protein-Losing Enteropathy Characterized by Hypoproteinemia, Hypoalbuminemia, and Hypertriglyceridemia. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol 1:381-394.e7 (2015). PubMed: 26207260