Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3292] to PRMT1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameAnti-PRMT1 antibody [EPR3292]
See all PRMT1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3292] to PRMT1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human PRMT1 aa 300-400. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: A549 cell lysate, HeLa cell lysate, NIH/3T3 lysate. IHC-P: human breast cancer tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with this species. Please contact us for more information.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92299 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/5000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.
Is unsuitable for Flow Cyt, ICC or IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionArginine methyltransferase that methylates (mono and asymmetric dimethylation) the guanidino nitrogens of arginyl residues present in proteins such as ESR1, histone H2, H3 and H4, PIAS1, HNRNPA1, HNRNPD, NFATC2IP, SUPT5H, TAF15 and EWS. Constitutes the main enzyme that mediates monomethylation and asymmetric dimethylation of histone H4 'Arg-4' (H4R3me1 and H4R3me2a, respectively), a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation. Together with dimethylated PIAS1, represses STAT1 transcriptional activity, in the late phase of interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) signaling. May be involved in the regulation of TAF15 transcriptional activity, act as an activator of estrogen receptor (ER)-mediated transactivation, play a key role in neurite outgrowth and act as a negative regulator of megakaryocytic differentiation, by modulating p38 MAPK pathway.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein arginine N-methyltransferase family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm > cytosol.
- Information by UniProt
- ANM 1 antibody
- ANM1 antibody
- ANM1_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-PRMT1 antibody [EPR3292] (ab92299) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : A549 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : NIH/3T3 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human breast cancer tissue using ab92299 at 1/100 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab92299 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Filipovic J et al. PRMT1 expression in renal cell tumors- application in differential diagnosis and prognostic relevance. Diagn Pathol 14:120 (2019). PubMed: 31655611
- Sato A et al. Gestational changes in PRMT1 expression of murine placentas. Placenta 65:47-54 (2018). PubMed: 29908641
- Murata K et al. PRMT1 Deficiency in Mouse Juvenile Heart Induces Dilated Cardiomyopathy and Reveals Cryptic Alternative Splicing Products. iScience 8:200-213 (2018). PubMed: 30321814
- Sivakumaran H et al. Overexpression of PRMT6 does not suppress HIV-1 Tat transactivation in cells naturally lacking PRMT6. Virol J 10:207 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23800116