Rat IgG1, kappa monoclonal [RTK2071] - Isotype control (ab18412)
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameRat IgG1, kappa monoclonal [RTK2071] - Isotype control
See all Rat isotype controls
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Chemical/ Small Molecule (Trinitrophenol) conjugated to KLH.
The ab18412, RTK2071 immunoglobulin reacts with KLH and was chosen as an isotype control after screening on a variety of resting, activated, live, and fixed mouse and human tissues.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Isotype control notesThe ab18412, RTK2071 immunoglobulin reacts with KLH and was chosen as an isotype control after screening on a variety of resting, activated, live, and fixed mouse and human tissues.
Light chain typekappa
- Rat Isotype Control
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18412 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use 1µg for 106 cells.
Use 1µg for 106 cells.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab16881 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab16881, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rat IgG (H+L) (ab98386) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rat IgG1 [RTK2071] (ab18412, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) used under the same conditions.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
Datasheets and documents
ab18412 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Shirzeyli MH et al. Comparison of the efficacy of bone morphogenetic protein-4 on in vitro differentiation of murine adipose and bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells into primordial germ cells. Res Pharm Sci 17:123-133 (2022). PubMed: 35280837
- Ikonomou L et al. The in vivo genetic program of murine primordial lung epithelial progenitors. Nat Commun 11:635 (2020). PubMed: 32005814
- Mohammadian F & Negahdari B Isolation and characterization of mesenchymal stem cells and its antitumor application on ovarian cancer cell line. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 46:1744-1753 (2018). PubMed: 29199459
- Shirzeyli MH et al. Bones Morphogenic Protein-4 and retinoic acid combined treatment comparative analysis for in vitro differentiation potential of murine mesenchymal stem cells derived from bone marrow and adipose tissue into germ cells. Microsc Res Tech 80:1151-1160 (2017). PubMed: 28921810
- Monfared MH et al. Sertoli cell condition medium can induce germ like cells from bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells. Iran J Basic Med Sci 19:1186-1192 (2016). PubMed: 27917274
- Raymond AS & Shur BD A novel role for SED1 (MFG-E8) in maintaining the integrity of the epididymal epithelium. J Cell Sci 122:849-58 (2009). PubMed: 19240116