Anti-Smad2 + Smad3 antibody (ab217553)
Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Smad2 + Smad3
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Get better batch-to-batch reproducibility with a recombinant antibody
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Smad2 + Smad3 antibody
See all Smad2 + Smad3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Smad2 + Smad3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Smad2 + Smad3 aa 30-80 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q15796
- Flow Cyt: HUVEC cells ICC/IF: HeLa cells WB: Mouse and Rat cerebrum, testis and kidney lysates, mouse heart, mouse skin, HUVEC cells, A549 cells, HeLa cells, HT1080 cells, A431 cell lysates
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Aqueous buffered solution
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab217553 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/100 - 1/1000.
1/100 - 1/1000.
RelevanceSMAD is a family of proteins similar to the gene products of the Drosophila gene 'mothers against decapentaplegic' (Mad) and the C. elegans gene Sma. SMAD proteins are signal transducers and transcriptional modulators that mediate multiple signaling pathways. They mediate the signal of the transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta, and thus regulate multiple cellular processes, such as cell proliferation, apoptosis, and differentiation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Note: Cytoplasmic in the absence of ligand. Migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4.
- Entrez Gene: 4087 Human
- Entrez Gene: 4088 Human
- Entrez Gene: 17126 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 17127 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25631 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 29357 Rat
- Omim: 601366 Human
- Omim: 603109 Human
- hMAD 2 antibody
- hMAD 3 antibody
- hSMAD2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Smad2 + Smad3 antibody (ab217553) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse cerebrum lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse heart lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse testis lysate
Lane 4 : Mouse Skin lysate
Lane 5 : Mouse Kidney lysate
Lane 6 : Rat cerebrum lysate
Lane 7 : Rat Testis lysate
Lane 8 : Rat kidney lysate
Lane 9 : HUVEC cell lysate
Lane 10 : A459 cell lysate
Lane 11 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 12 : HT1080 cell lysate
Lane 13 : A431 cell lysate
Hela cell; 4% Paraformaldehyde-fixed; Triton X-100 at room temperature for 20 min; Blocking buffer (normal goat serum) at 37°C for 20 min; Antibody incubation with (Smad3) polyclonal Antibody, Unconjugated (ab217553) 1:100, 90 minutes at 37°C; followed by a conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG antibody at 37°C for 90 minutes, DAPI (blue) was used to stain the cell nuclei.
HUVEC cells(black) were fixed with 4% PFA for 10min at room temperature,permeabilized with 90% ice-cold methanol for 20 min at -20℃, and incubated in 5% BSA blocking buffer for 30 min at room temperature. Cells were then stained with Smad2/3 Polyclonal Antibody(ab217553) at 1:50 dilution in blocking buffer and incubated for 30 min at room temperature, washed twice with 2% BSA in PBS, followed by secondary antibody(blue) incubation for 40 min at room temperature. Acquisitions of 20,000 events were performed. Cells stained with primary antibody (green), and isotype control (orange).
All lanes : Anti-Smad2 + Smad3 antibody (ab217553) at 1/200 dilution
Lane 1 : mouse brain lysates
Lane 2 : mouse kidney lysates
All lanes : HRP-conjugated secondary antibody at 1/3000 dilution
Observed band size: 47 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Datasheets and documents
ab217553 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Li L et al. The dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor sitagliptin ameliorates renal injury in type 1 diabetic mice via inhibiting the TGF-ß/Smad signal pathway. Pharmazie 74:239-242 (2019). PubMed: 30940309
- Liu Y et al. Quercetin suppresses glomerulosclerosis and TGF-ß signaling in a rat model. Mol Med Rep 19:4589-4596 (2019). PubMed: 30942399
- Adhikary S et al. FGF-2 targets sclerostin in bone and myostatin in skeletal muscle to mitigate the deleterious effects of glucocorticoid on musculoskeletal degradation. Life Sci 229:261-276 (2019). PubMed: 31082400
- Li L et al. Recombinant truncated TGF-ß receptor II attenuates carbon tetrachloride-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition and liver fibrosis in rats. Mol Med Rep 17:315-321 (2018). PubMed: 29115426
- Huang T et al. STK39, overexpressed in osteosarcoma, regulates osteosarcoma cell invasion and proliferation. Oncol Lett 14:4599-4604 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28943960