Anti-Smad2 + Smad3 (phospho T8) antibody (ab272332)
Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Smad2 + Smad3 (phospho T8)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Smad2 + Smad3 (phospho T8) antibody
See all Smad2 + Smad3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Smad2 + Smad3 (phospho T8)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Smad2 + Smad3 (phospho T8). Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human Smad2/3 around the phosphorylation site of Threonine 8. Q15796,P84022.
Database link: P84022
- WB: HEK293T whole cell lysate.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab272332 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/1000 - 1/2000.
1/1000 - 1/2000.
RelevanceSMAD is a family of proteins similar to the gene products of the Drosophila gene 'mothers against decapentaplegic' (Mad) and the C. elegans gene Sma. SMAD proteins are signal transducers and transcriptional modulators that mediate multiple signaling pathways. They mediate the signal of the transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta, and thus regulate multiple cellular processes, such as cell proliferation, apoptosis, and differentiation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Note: Cytoplasmic in the absence of ligand. Migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4.
- Entrez Gene: 4087 Human
- Entrez Gene: 4088 Human
- Entrez Gene: 17126 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 17127 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25631 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 29357 Rat
- Omim: 601366 Human
- Omim: 603109 Human
- hMAD 2 antibody
- hMAD 3 antibody
- hSMAD2 antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab272332 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhu B et al. Piezo 1 activation facilitates cholangiocarcinoma metastasis via Hippo/YAP signaling axis. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 24:241-252 (2021). PubMed: 33767919
- Shen K et al. Acetyl oxygen benzoate engeletin ester promotes KLF4 degradation leading to the attenuation of pulmonary fibrosis via inhibiting TGFß1-smad/p38MAPK-lnc865/lnc556-miR-29b-2-5p-STAT3 signal pathway. Aging (Albany NY) 13:13807-13821 (2021). PubMed: 33929970
- Zhu Z et al. NAT10 Promotes Osteogenic Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells by Mediating N4-Acetylcytidine Modification of Gremlin 1. Stem Cells Int 2021:8833527 (2021). PubMed: 33953754
- Wang Y et al. miR-29b enhances the proliferation and migration of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells in rats with castration-induced osteoporosis through the PI3K/AKT and TGF-ß/Smad signaling pathways. Exp Ther Med 20:3185-3195 (2020). PubMed: 32855687
- Zong M et al. Irbesartan ameliorates myocardial fibrosis in diabetic cardiomyopathy rats by inhibiting the TGFß1/Smad2/3 pathway. Exp Ther Med 20:117 (2020). PubMed: 33005243