Recombinant Anti-Thiophosphate ester antibody [51-8] (ab92570)
Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [51-8] to Thiophosphate ester
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Species independent
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameAnti-Thiophosphate ester antibody [51-8]
See all Thiophosphate ester primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [51-8] to Thiophosphate ester
SpecificityThis antibody is specific to thiophosphorylated amino acids.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Chemical/ Small Molecule corresponding to Thiophosphate ester conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
This antibody was developed as part of a collaboration between Abcam and the lab of Dr. Kevan Shokat at University of California at San Francisco.
It is possible to use ab92570 with ab138911 as a kinase reaction reagent for the identification of direct kinase substrates as mentioned in Allen JJ et al. Nat Methods 4:511-6 (2007).
After the kinase of interest has accepted ATP-γ-S (ab138911), p-Nitrobenzyl mesylate (ab138910) can be used to alkylate the thiophospholyation site on the substrates. ab92570 is introduced to identify the tagged substrates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Primary antibody notesab92570 can be used to detect kinase substrates containing thiophosphate esters following the kinase reaction as described by J. Allen and colleagues in Nature methods 2007. This antibody as allow researchers to follow this approach to study kinase-substrate relationships of interest. The antibody is also context independent in that it can recognize serine, threonine, and tyrosine thiophosphorylated residues in a multitude of kinase phosphorylation consensus motifs.
In order for this antibody to work in WB and IP, the customer needs to perform a specific kinase reaction using ATP gamma S and PNBM.
See specific Protocol at the bottom of this page for details.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92570 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceThiophosphate ester is used as fungicide.
All lanes : Anti-Thiophosphate ester antibody [51-8] (ab92570) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : JNK1 protein (10ng) incubated with c-jun-GST substrate (1ug)
Lane 2 : JNK1 protein (10ng) incubated with c-jun-GST substrate (1ug) using alkylation with PNBM (2.5mM).
Lane 3 : JNK1 protein (10ng) incubated with c-jun-GST substrate (1ug) using ATP-gamma-S
Lane 4 : JNK1 protein (10ng) incubated with c-jun-GST substrate (1ug) using ATP-gamma-S followed by alkylation with PNBM (2.5mM).
In vitro kinase reaction was carried out for 30 minutes at room temperature. PNBM alkylation (2.5mM) was for 2 hours at room temperature. Reaction products were analyzed by western blot with thiophosphate ester specific ab92570 at 1/5000, alpha-GST antibody confirms equal loading.
Datasheets and documents
ab92570 has been referenced in 71 publications.
- Roşianu F et al. Loss of NDR1/2 kinases impairs endomembrane trafficking and autophagy leading to neurodegeneration. Life Sci Alliance 6:N/A (2023). PubMed: 36446521
- Franz A et al. Branch point strength controls species-specific CAMK2B alternative splicing and regulates LTP. Life Sci Alliance 6:N/A (2023). PubMed: 36543542
- Bao L et al. A PSTAIRE-type cyclin-dependent kinase controls light responses in land plants. Sci Adv 8:eabk2116 (2022). PubMed: 35089781
- Tavares S et al. FER regulates endosomal recycling and is a predictor for adjuvant taxane benefit in breast cancer. Cell Rep 39:110584 (2022). PubMed: 35385742
- Guo X et al. Dichotomy of the BSL phosphatase signaling spatially regulates MAPK components in stomatal fate determination. Nat Commun 13:2438 (2022). PubMed: 35508457