Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Twist
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Twist antibody
See all Twist primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Twist
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Chicken, Chimpanzee
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50581 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.
FunctionActs as a transcriptional regulator. Inhibits myogenesis by sequestrating E proteins, inhibiting trans-activation by MEF2, and inhibiting DNA-binding by MYOD1 through physical interaction. This interaction probably involves the basic domains of both proteins. Also represses expression of proinflammatory cytokines such as TNFA and IL1B. Regulates cranial suture patterning and fusion. Activates transcription as a heterodimer with E proteins. Regulates gene expression differentially, depending on dimer composition. Homodimers induce expression of FGFR2 and POSTN while heterodimers repress FGFR2 and POSTN expression and induce THBS1 expression. Heterodimerization is also required for osteoblast differentiation.
Tissue specificitySubset of mesodermal cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TWIST1 are a cause of Saethre-Chotzen syndrome (SCS) [MIM:101400]; also known as acrocephalosyndactyly type 3 (ACS3). SCS is a craniosynostosis syndrome characterized by coronal synostosis, brachycephaly, low frontal hairline, facial asymmetry, hypertelorism, broad halluces, and clinodactyly.
Defects in TWIST1 are the cause of Robinow-Sorauf syndrome (RSS) [MIM:180750]; also known as craniosynostosis-bifid hallux syndrome. RSS is an autosomal dominant defect characterized by minor skull and limb anomalies which is very similar to Saethre-Chotzen syndrome.
Defects in TWIST1 are the cause of craniosynostosis type 1 (CRS1) [MIM:123100]. Craniosynostosis consists of premature fusion of one or more cranial sutures, resulting in an abnormal head shape.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- ACS3 antibody
- B-HLH DNA binding protein antibody
- bHLHa38 antibody
Human melanoma Mel15 cells were fixed and permeabilized with 4% paraformaldehyde followed by 0.1% Triton X-100. Fixed cells were stained with 2 µg/ml ab50581. The antibody was developed with Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, Cy3 conjugate.
ab50581 staining Twist in human glioblastoma cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. The cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilised in 0.1% Triton X-100 and then blocked using 0.5% BSA for 20 minutes. Samples were then incubated with primary antibody at 1/50 for 16 hours at 4°C. The secondary antibody used was a goat anti-rabbit IgG conjugated to Cy3® used at a 1/400 dilution.
ab50581 has been referenced in 152 publications.
- Xie T et al. LHX2 facilitates the progression of nasopharyngeal carcinoma via activation of the FGF1/FGFR axis. Br J Cancer 127:1239-1253 (2022). PubMed: 35864158
- Wang YN et al. Shenkang injection improves chronic kidney disease by inhibiting multiple renin-angiotensin system genes by blocking the Wnt/β-catenin signalling pathway. Front Pharmacol 13:964370 (2022). PubMed: 36059935
- Song WP et al. Prognostic and clinicopathological value of Twist expression in esophageal cancer: A meta-analysis. World J Gastrointest Oncol 14:1874-1886 (2022). PubMed: 36187399
- Lou J et al. LncRNA MEG8 plays an oncogenic role in hepatocellular carcinoma progression through miR-367-3p/14-3-3ζ/TGFβR1 axis. Neoplasma 68:273-282 (2021). PubMed: 33147050
- Neufert C et al. Inducible mouse models of colon cancer for the analysis of sporadic and inflammation-driven tumor progression and lymph node metastasis. Nat Protoc 16:61-85 (2021). PubMed: 33318692