Key features and details
- Expression system: Native
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE
Product nameNative Human IgA2 protein
See all IgA2 proteins and peptides
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Protein lengthFull length protein
Predicted molecular weight160 kDa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91021 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Protein Determination: Extinction Coefficient (E) 0.1% at 280nm, 1cm pathway = 1.32. Prepared from plasma shown to be non reactive for HBsAg, anti-HCV, anti-HBc, and negative for anti-HIV 1 & 2 by FDA approved tests. No reaction by IEP to IgA1 antiserum.
No reaction by IEP to IgA1 antiserum.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on Dry Ice. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 0.87% Sodium chloride
- A2m marker
- Ig alpha 2 chain C region
- IgA constant heavy chain 2
RelevanceIg alpha is the major immunoglobulin class in body secretions. It may serve both to defend against local infection and to prevent access of foreign antigens to the general immunologic system.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab91021 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Sánchez-Salguero E et al. Maternal IgA2 Recognizes Similar Fractions of Colostrum and Fecal Neonatal Microbiota. Front Immunol 12:712130 (2021). PubMed: 34804008
- Sánchez-Salguero E et al. Infectious episodes during pregnancy, at particular mucosal sites, increase specific IgA1 or IgA2 subtype levels in human colostrum. Matern Health Neonatol Perinatol 5:9 (2019). PubMed: 31205733
- Zhang S et al. N-glycopeptide Signatures of IgA2 in Serum from Patients with Hepatitis B Virus-related Liver Diseases. Mol Cell Proteomics 18:2262-2272 (2019). PubMed: 31501225