Native human Thrombin protein (Active) (ab62452)
Key features and details
- Expression system: Native
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, Functional Studies
Product nameNative human Thrombin protein (Active)
See all Thrombin proteins and peptides
This product can be used for cleavage of fusion proteins. The activity varies form lot to lot. It is typically 3800 U/mg.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Protein lengthFull length protein
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62452 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration varies from lot to lot but is between 5mg/ml and 10mg/ml.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituent: 50% Glycerol
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Coagulation factor II
- Coagulation factor II thrombin
- EC 126.96.36.199
FunctionThrombin, which cleaves bonds after Arg and Lys, converts fibrinogen to fibrin and activates factors V, VII, VIII, XIII, and, in complex with thrombomodulin, protein C. Functions in blood homeostasis, inflammation and wound healing.
Tissue specificityExpressed by the liver and secreted in plasma.
Involvement in diseaseFactor II deficiency
Thrombophilia due to thrombin defect
Pregnancy loss, recurrent, 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 Gla (gamma-carboxy-glutamate) domain.
Contains 2 kringle domains.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
modificationsThe gamma-carboxyglutamyl residues, which bind calcium ions, result from the carboxylation of glutamyl residues by a microsomal enzyme, the vitamin K-dependent carboxylase. The modified residues are necessary for the calcium-dependent interaction with a negatively charged phospholipid surface, which is essential for the conversion of prothrombin to thrombin.
N-glycosylated. N-glycan heterogeneity at Asn-121: Hex3HexNAc3 (minor), Hex4HexNAc3 (minor) and Hex5HexNAc4 (major). At Asn-143: Hex4HexNAc3 (minor) and Hex5HexNAc4 (major).
Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab62452 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Schmidt C et al. A multiparametric fluorescence assay for screening aptamer-protein interactions based on microbeads. Sci Rep 12:2961 (2022). PubMed: 35194086
- Amick KA et al. Plasma glycocholic acid and linoleic acid identified as potential mediators of mitochondrial bioenergetics in Alzheimer's dementia. Front Aging Neurosci 14:954090 (2022). PubMed: 36212044
- Park HJ et al. One-pot colorimetric detection of molecules based on proximity proteolysis reaction. Biosens Bioelectron 188:113349 (2021). PubMed: 34030090