Key features and details
- Expression system: Native
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE
Product nameNative Human Serum Albumin protein
See all Human Serum Albumin proteins and peptides
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Purified from normal Human Serum/Plasma obtained from healthy donors of US origin.
Protein lengthFull length protein
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab205808 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Origin: Raw material has been tested for HIV-AG and found to be non-reactive. Donor serum has been tested and found to be negative for HIV ½, Hepatitis B Core Antigen, Hepatitis B Surface Antigen, and Hepatitis C Virus by currently approved FDA methods
For in vitro Laboratory Use Only. Not for diagnostic or therapeutic use. Not for human or animal consumption. Suggested applications of our products are not recommendations to use our products in violation of any target restriction or as a license under any target restriction of Abcam.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at 4°C (stable for up to 12 months). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at +4°C.
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.16% Sodium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
FunctionSerum albumin, the main protein of plasma, has a good binding capacity for water, Ca(2+), Na(+), K(+), fatty acids, hormones, bilirubin and drugs. Its main function is the regulation of the colloidal osmotic pressure of blood. Major zinc transporter in plasma, typically binds about 80% of all plasma zinc.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ALB are a cause of familial dysalbuminemic hyperthyroxinemia (FDH) [MIM:103600]. FDH is a form of euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia that is due to increased affinity of ALB for T(4). It is the most common cause of inherited euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia in Caucasian population.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
modificationsKenitra variant is partially O-glycosylated at Thr-620. It has two new disulfide bonds Cys-600 to Cys-602 and Cys-601 to Cys-606.
Glycated in diabetic patients.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
Acetylated on Lys-223 by acetylsalicylic acid.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab205808 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Shola David M & Kanayeva D Enzyme linked oligonucleotide assay for the sensitive detection of SARS-CoV-2 variants. Front Cell Infect Microbiol 12:1017542 (2022). PubMed: 36250054
- Kurmangali A et al. Sensitive Detection of SARS-CoV-2 Variants Using an Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy Based Aptasensor. Int J Mol Sci 23:N/A (2022). PubMed: 36361926
- Zhao B et al. Single-step, wash-free digital immunoassay for rapid quantitative analysis of serological antibody against SARS-CoV-2 by photonic resonator absorption microscopy. Talanta 225:122004 (2021). PubMed: 33592744
- Vatine GD et al. Human iPSC-Derived Blood-Brain Barrier Chips Enable Disease Modeling and Personalized Medicine Applications. Cell Stem Cell 24:995-1005.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31173718