Recombinant Human ACE2 protein (ab151852)
Key features and details
- Expression system: HEK 293 cells
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Endotoxin level: < 1.000 Eu/µg
- Tags: His tag C-Terminus
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, HPLC
Product nameRecombinant Human ACE2 protein
See all ACE2 proteins and peptides
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level< 1.000 Eu/µg
Expression systemHEK 293 cells
Protein lengthProtein fragment
SequenceQSTIEEQAKTFLDKFNHEAEDLFYQSSLASWNYNTNITEENVQNMNNAGD KWSAFLKEQSTLAQMYPLQEIQNLTVKLQLQALQQNGSSVLSEDKSKRLN TILNTMSTIYSTGKVCNPDNPQECLLLEPGLNEIMANSLDYNERLWAWES WRSEVGKQLRPLYEEYVVLKNEMARANHYEDYGDYWRGDYEVNGVDGYDY SRGQLIEDVEHTFEEIKPLYEHLHAYVRAKLMNAYPSYISPIGCLPAHLL GDMWGRFWTNLYSLTVPFGQKPNIDVTDAMVDQAWDAQRIFKEAEKFFVS VGLPNMTQGFWENSMLTDPGNVQKAVCHPTAWDLGKGDFRILMCTKVTMD DFLTAHHEMGHIQYDMAYAAQPFLLRNGANEGFHEAVGEIMSLSAATPKH LKSIGLLSPDFQEDNETEINFLLKQALTIVGTLPFTYMLEKWRWMVFKGE IPKDQWMKKWWEMKREIVGVVEPVPHDETYCDPASLFHVSNDYSFIRYYT RTLYQFQFQEALCQAAKHEGPLHKCDISNSTEAGQKLFNMLRLGKSEPWT LALENVVGAKNMNVRPLLNYFEPLFTWLKDQNKNSFVGWSTDWSPYADQS IKVRISLKSALGDKAYEWNDNEMYLFRSSVAYAMRQYFLKVKNQMILFGE EDVRVANLKPRISFNFFVTAPKNVSDIIPRTEVEKAIRMSRSRINDAFRL NDNSLEFLGIQPTLGPPNQPPVSVDHHHHHH
Predicted molecular weight85 kDa including tags
Amino acids18 to 740
TagsHis tag C-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab151852 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.001% Zinc chloride, 0.32% Tris HCl, 10% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
- ACE 2
- ACE related carboxypeptidase
- ACE-related carboxypeptidase
FunctionCarboxypeptidase which converts angiotensin I to angiotensin 1-9, a peptide of unknown function, and angiotensin II to angiotensin 1-7, a vasodilator. Also able to hydrolyze apelin-13 and dynorphin-13 with high efficiency. May be an important regulator of heart function. In case of human coronaviruses SARS and HCoV-NL63 infections, serve as functional receptor for the spike glycoprotein of both coronaviruses.
Tissue specificityExpressed in endothelial cells from small and large arteries, and in arterial smooth muscle cells. Expressed in lung alveolar epithelial cells, enterocytes of the small intestine, Leydig cells and Sertoli cells (at protein level). Expressed in heart, kidney, testis, and gastrointestinal system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M2 family.
modificationsN-glycosylation on Asn-90 may limit SARS infectivity.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab151852 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Casciola-Rosen L et al. IgM anti-ACE2 autoantibodies in severe COVID-19 activate complement and perturb vascular endothelial function. JCI Insight 7:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35349483
- Khajeh Pour S et al. Plasma angiotensin peptides as biomarkers of rheumatoid arthritis are correlated with anti-ACE2 auto-antibodies level and disease intensity. Inflammopharmacology 30:1295-1302 (2022). PubMed: 35618976
- Emam MH et al. Inhibition of SARS-CoV-2 spike protein entry using biologically modified polyacrylonitrile nanofibers: in vitro study towards specific antiviral masks. RSC Adv 12:16184-16193 (2022). PubMed: 35733688
- Marfella R et al. Glycated ACE2 reduces anti-remodeling effects of renin-angiotensin system inhibition in human diabetic hearts. Cardiovasc Diabetol 21:146 (2022). PubMed: 35932065
- Li H et al. Isolation of a human SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibody from a synthetic phage library and its conversion to fluorescent biosensors. Sci Rep 12:15496 (2022). PubMed: 36109569