Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 93% SDS-PAGE
- Endotoxin level: = 5.000 Eu/µg
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: WB, Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE, MS
Product nameRecombinant human c-Myc protein (Active)
See all c-Myc proteins and peptides
Reprogramming mouse fibroblast cell to iPS cells using 3 retroviral vectors, which carry Oct4, Sox2 & Klf4 with this protein as replacement assay. 8 μg/ml of human Klf4-11R were added in reprogramming medium every 48 hours for 20 days.
Intracellular protein penetration rate was tested using DyLight labeled ab169901 protein at 1 μg/ ml for 30 min incubation for human fibroblast cells at 37oC. More than 90% cell will be positive one hour after sample incubation.
Purity> 93 % SDS-PAGE.
ab169901 was expressed in E. coli as inclusion bodies, solubilized, refolded, and further purified.
Endotoxin level= 5.000 Eu/µg
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMDFFRVVENQQPPATMPLNVSFTNRNYDLDYDSVQPYFYCDEEENFYQQQ QQSELQPPAPSEDIWKKFELLPTPPLSPSRRSGLCSPSYVAVTPFSLRGD NDGGGGSFSTADQLEMVTELLGGDMVNQSFICDPDDETFIKNIIIQDCMW SGFSAAAKLVSEKLASYQAARKDSGSPNPARGHSVCSTSSLYLQDLSAAA SECIDPSVVFPYPLNDSSSPKSCASQDSSAFSPSSDSLLSSTESSPQGSP EPLVLHEETPPTTSSDSEEEQEDEEEIDVVSVEKRQAPGKRSESGSPSAG GHSKPPHSPLVLKRCHVSTHQHNYAAPPSTRKDYPAAKRVKLDSVRVLRQ ISNNRKCTSPRSSDTEENVKRRTHNVLERQRRNELKRSFFALRDQIPELE NNEKAPKVVILKKATAYILSVQAEEQKLISEEDLLRKRREQLKHKLEQLR NSCAESGGGGSPGRRRRRRRRRRR
Predicted molecular weight53 kDa
Amino acids1 to 454
Additional sequence informationPlease note that ab169901 is isoform 2 of UniProt accession P01106. (NP_002458.2) C-terminal 11R tag : ESGGGGSPGRRRRRRRRRRR
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab169901 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab169901 is fused to an eleven arginine (11R) membrane penetration domain at the C terminus to enable penetratation across the plasma membrane of mammalian cells.
Cellular Toxicity: This recombinant protein was tested on mouse embryonic stem cells up to 50 µg/ml in culture medium. Suggested reprogramming protein concentration is between 0.5 to 8 ug / ml for both human and mouse fibroblast cells applications.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituent: 0.24% Tris
Proprietary formulation of NaCl, KCl, CaCl2, MgCl2, Arginine, DTT and glycerol.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog
FunctionParticipates in the regulation of gene transcription. Binds DNA in a non-specific manner, yet also specifically recognizes the core sequence 5'-CAC[GA]TG-3'. Seems to activate the transcription of growth-related genes.
Involvement in diseaseNote=Overexpression of MYC is implicated in the etiology of a variety of hematopoietic tumors.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving MYC may be a cause of a form of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Translocation t(8;12)(q24;q22) with BTG1.
Defects in MYC are a cause of Burkitt lymphoma (BL) [MIM:113970]. A form of undifferentiated malignant lymphoma commonly manifested as a large osteolytic lesion in the jaw or as an abdominal mass. Note=Chromosomal aberrations involving MYC are usually found in Burkitt lymphoma. Translocations t(8;14), t(8;22) or t(2;8) which juxtapose MYC to one of the heavy or light chain immunoglobulin gene loci.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PRKDC. Phosphorylation at Thr-58 and Ser-62 by GSK3 is required for ubiquitination and degradation by the proteasome.
Ubiquitinated by the SCF(FBXW7) complex when phosphorylated at Thr-58 and Ser-62, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. In the nucleoplasm, ubiquitination is counteracted by USP28, which interacts with isoform 1 of FBXW7 (FBW7alpha), leading to its deubiquitination and preventing degradation. In the nucleolus, however, ubiquitination is not counteracted by USP28, due to the lack of interaction between isoform 4 of FBXW7 (FBW7gamma) and USP28, explaining the selective MYC degradation in the nucleolus. Also polyubiquitinated by the DCX(TRUSS) complex.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleoplasm. Nucleus > nucleolus.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab169901 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Dahiya NR et al. The Sin3A/MAD1 Complex, through Its PAH2 Domain, Acts as a Second Repressor of Retinoic Acid Receptor Beta Expression in Breast Cancer Cells. Cells 11:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35406744
- Boike L et al. Discovery of a Functional Covalent Ligand Targeting an Intrinsically Disordered Cysteine within MYC. Cell Chem Biol 28:4-13.e17 (2021). PubMed: 32966806
- Cohen CJ et al. Disruption of c-MYC Binding and Chromosomal Looping Involving Genetic Variants Associated With Ankylosing Spondylitis Upstream of the RUNX3 Promoter. Front Genet 12:741867 (2021). PubMed: 35069677
- Nowak DG et al. The PHLPP2 phosphatase is a druggable driver of prostate cancer progression. J Cell Biol 218:1943-1957 (2019). PubMed: 31092557
- Blake DR et al. Application of a MYC degradation screen identifies sensitivity to CDK9 inhibitors in KRAS-mutant pancreatic cancer. Sci Signal 12:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31311847
- Han H et al. Small-Molecule MYC Inhibitors Suppress Tumor Growth and Enhance Immunotherapy. Cancer Cell 36:483-497.e15 (2019). PubMed: 31679823
- Tarrado-Castellarnau M et al. De novo MYC addiction as an adaptive response of cancer cells to CDK4/6 inhibition. Mol Syst Biol 13:940 (2017). PubMed: 28978620