Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 80% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, Functional Studies
Product nameRecombinant human Caspase-1 protein (Active)
See all Caspase-1 proteins and peptides
Specific Activity: > 5000 units/mg. Unit definition: One unit of the recombinant caspase-1 is the enzyme activity that cleaves 1 nmol of the caspase substrate YVAD-pNA (pNA: pnitroanaline) per hour at 37°C in a reaction solution containing 50 mM Hepes, pH 7.2, 50 mM NaCl, 0.1% Chaps, 10 mM EDTA, 5% Glycerol, and 10 mM DTT.
Purity> 80 % SDS-PAGE.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceNPAMPTSSGS EGNVKLCSLE EAQRIWKQKS AEIYPIMDKS SRTRLALIIC NEEFDSIPRR TGAEVDITGM TMLLQNLGYS VDVKKNLTAS DMTTELEAFA HRPEHKTSDS TFLVFMSHGI REGICGKKHS EQVPDILQLN AIFNMLNTKN CPSLKDKPKV IIIQACRGDS PGVVWFKDSV GVSGNLSLPT TEEFEDDAIK KAHIEKDFIA FCSSTPDNVS WRHPTMGSVF IGRLIEHMQE YACSCDVEEI FRKVRFSFEQ PDGRAQMPTT ERVTLTRCFY LFPGH
Predicted molecular weight32 kDa
Molecular weight informationLarge subunit 20 kDa and small subunit 10 kDa.
Amino acids120 to 404
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Additional sequence information(Gene ID 834) (NP_150634.1) Full length mature protein, minus propeptide (aa 1-119).
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39901 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called 1081 Active Caspase-1, Human Recombinant. 1081-25 is the same size as the 25 unit size of ab39901.
Active caspase-1 is useful in studying enzyme regulation, determining target substrates, screening caspase inhibitors, or as a positive control in caspase activity assays.
The active caspase 1 preferentially cleaves caspase-1 substrates (e.g., YVAD-AFC or YVAD-pNA).
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 10.269% Trehalose, 0.727% Dibasic monohydrogen potassium phosphate, 0.248% Monobasic dihydrogen potassium phosphate
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- CASP1 nirs variant 1
RelevanceCaspases are a family of cysteine proteases that are key mediators of programmed cell death or apoptosis. The precursor form of all caspases is composed of a prodomain, and large and small catalytic subunits. The active forms of caspases are generated by several stimuli including ligand-receptor interactions, growth factor deprivation and inhibitors of cellular functions. All known caspases require cleavage adjacent to aspartates to liberate one large and one small subunit, which associate into a2b2 tetramer to form the active enzyme. Caspase 1 is similar to the cell death gene CED3 of C. elegans and regulates multiple proinflammatory cytokines, including Interleukin 1b and interferon-gamma-inducing factor. Caspase 1 plays a role in down stream of Caspase 8 which is involved in Fas-mediated apoptosis.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab39901 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Planès R et al. Human NLRP1 is a sensor of pathogenic coronavirus 3CL proteases in lung epithelial cells. Mol Cell 82:2385-2400.e9 (2022). PubMed: 35594856
- Iban-Arias R et al. Role of Polyphenol-Derived Phenolic Acid in Mitigation of Inflammasome-Mediated Anxiety and Depression. Biomedicines 10:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35740286
- Qu D et al. Effects of Tranilast on Inflammasome and Macrophage Phenotype in a Mouse Model of Myocardial Infarction. J Interferon Cytokine Res 41:102-110 (2021). PubMed: 33750216
- De Witte C et al. Characterization of the non-glandular gastric region microbiota in Helicobacter suis-infected versus non-infected pigs identifies a potential role for Fusobacterium gastrosuis in gastric ulceration. Vet Res 50:39 (2019). PubMed: 31126330
- Du M et al. Transgenic Mice Overexpressing Serum Retinol-Binding Protein Develop Progressive Retinal Degeneration through a Retinoid-Independent Mechanism. Mol Cell Biol 35:2771-89 (2015). Functional Studies . PubMed: 26055327