Key features and details
- Expression system: Baculovirus infected insect cells
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant human Cathepsin K protein (Active)
See all Cathepsin K proteins and peptides
≥ 1.5 U/mg protein. Activity is lot specific.
One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that will hydrolyze 1µmol Z-Phe-Arg-AMC substrate per min. at 37°C.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
ab157067 was purified as full-length proenzyme, then auto-activated at low pH.
Expression systemBaculovirus infected insect cells
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMWGLKVLLLP VVSFALYPEE ILDTHWELWK KTHRKQYNNK VDEISRRLIW EKNLKYISIH NLEASLGVHT YELAMNHLGD MTSEEVVQKM TGLKVPLSHS RSNDTLYIPE WEGRAPDSVD YRKKGYVTPV KNQGQCGSCW AFSSVGALEG QLKKKTGKLL NLSPQNLVDC VSENDGCGGG YMTNAFQYVQ KNRGIDSEDA YPYVGQEESC MYNPTGKAAK CRGYREIPEG NEKALKRAVA RVGPVSVAID ASLTSFQFYS KGVYYDESCN SDNLNHAVLA VGYGIQKGNK HWIIKNSWGE NWGNKGYILM ARNKNNACGI ANLASFPKM
Predicted molecular weight26 kDa
Amino acids1 to 329
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab157067 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on Dry Ice. Store at -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.41% Sodium acetate, 0.08% (R*,R*)-1,4-Dimercaptobutan-2,3-diol, 0.015% EDTA, 0.29% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Cathepsin K
- Cathepsin O
- Cathepsin O1
FunctionClosely involved in osteoclastic bone resorption and may participate partially in the disorder of bone remodeling. Displays potent endoprotease activity against fibrinogen at acid pH. May play an important role in extracellular matrix degradation.
Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in osteclasts (bones).
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CTSK are the cause of pycnodysostosis (PKND) [MIM:265800]. PKND is an autosomal recessive osteochondrodysplasia characterized by osteosclerosis and short stature.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C1 family.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab157067 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Yoon MC et al. Molecular Features of CA-074 pH-Dependent Inhibition of Cathepsin B. Biochemistry 61:228-238 (2022). PubMed: 35119840
- Ewanchuk BW et al. A non-immunological role for ?-interferon-inducible lysosomal thiol reductase (GILT) in osteoclastic bone resorption. Sci Adv 7:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33893096
- Yoon MC et al. Selective Neutral pH Inhibitor of Cathepsin B Designed Based on Cleavage Preferences at Cytosolic and Lysosomal pH Conditions. ACS Chem Biol 16:1628-1643 (2021). PubMed: 34416110