Recombinant human IL-6 protein (Active) (ab9627)
Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 98% SDS-PAGE
- Endotoxin level: < 1.000 Eu/µg
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: HPLC, SDS-PAGE, Functional Studies, Neutralising
Achieve higher consistency and quality standards with a premium grade bioactive protein
- High batch-to-batch consistency
- Optimal bioactivity
- Guaranteed identical to human native proteins
- >95% purity
- Ultra-low endotoxin levels: <0.005 Eu/µg
- Carrier and tag free
Product nameRecombinant human IL-6 protein (Active)
See all IL-6 proteins and peptides
Determined by its ability to stimulate the proliferation of mouse B9 cells.
Purity> 98 % SDS-PAGE.
> 98% HPLC analyses. Sterile filtered.
Endotoxin level< 1.000 Eu/µg
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequencePVPPGEDSKD VAAPHRQPLT SSERIDKQIR YILDGISALR KETCNKSNMC ESSKEALAEN NLNLPKMAEK DGCFQSGFNE ETCLVKIITG LLEFEVYLEY LQNRFESSEE QARAVQMSTK VLIQFLQKKA KNLDAITTPD PTTNASLLTK LQAQNQWLQD MTTHLILRSF KEFLQSSLRA LRQM
Predicted molecular weight21 kDa
Amino acids29 to 212
Additional sequence informationFull length mature protein without the signal peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9627 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein on reconstitution (0.1% HSA or BSA).
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
ReconstitutionReconstitute on arrival. Centrifuge the vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in water to a concentration of 0.1-0.5 mg/ml.
- Interleukin BSF 2
- B cell differentiation factor
- B cell stimulatory factor 2
FunctionCytokine with a wide variety of biological functions. It is a potent inducer of the acute phase response. Plays an essential role in the final differentiation of B-cells into Ig-secreting cells Involved in lymphocyte and monocyte differentiation. It induces myeloma and plasmacytoma growth and induces nerve cells differentiation Acts on B-cells, T-cells, hepatocytes, hematopoeitic progenitor cells and cells of the CNS. Also acts as a myokine. It is discharged into the bloodstream after muscle contraction and acts to increase the breakdown of fats and to improve insulin resistance.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in IL6 are associated with susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis systemic juvenile (RASJ) [MIM:604302]. An inflammatory articular disorder with systemic-onset beginning before the age of 16. It represents a subgroup of juvenile arthritis associated with severe extraarticular features and occasionally fatal complications. During active phases of the disorder, patients display a typical daily spiking fever, an evanescent macular rash, lymphadenopathy, hepatosplenomegaly, serositis, myalgia and arthritis.
Note=A IL6 promoter polymorphism is associated with a lifetime risk of development of Kaposi sarcoma in HIV-infected men.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
modificationsN- and O-glycosylated.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab9627 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Tang Q et al. Hippo pathway monomerizes STAT3 to regulate prostate cancer growth. Cancer Sci 113:2753-2762 (2022). PubMed: 35722967
- Huang X et al. IL-6/STAT3 Axis Activates Glut5 to Regulate Fructose Metabolism and Tumorigenesis. Int J Biol Sci 18:3668-3675 (2022). PubMed: 35813468
- Jiang J et al. Luteolin suppresses the growth of colon cancer cells by inhibiting the IL-6/STAT3 signaling pathway. J Gastrointest Oncol 13:1722-1732 (2022). PubMed: 36092354
- Ni XF et al. The hepatic microenvironment promotes lung adenocarcinoma cell proliferation, metastasis, and epithelial-mesenchymal transition via METTL3-mediated N6-methyladenosine modification of YAP1. Aging (Albany NY) 13:4357-4369 (2021). PubMed: 33495421
- Domfeh SA et al. Cryptolepine inhibits hepatocellular carcinoma growth through inhibiting interleukin-6/STAT3 signalling. BMC Complement Med Ther 21:161 (2021). PubMed: 34078370
- Zhang W et al. IL-6 promotes PD-L1 expression in monocytes and macrophages by decreasing protein tyrosine phosphatase receptor type O expression in human hepatocellular carcinoma. J Immunother Cancer 8:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32581055
- Lai X & Friedman A Combination therapy for melanoma with BRAF/MEK inhibitor and immune checkpoint inhibitor: a mathematical model. BMC Syst Biol 11:70 (2017). PubMed: 28724377