Recombinant human PI3K(p110alpha/p55gamma) protein (Active) (ab127617)
Key features and details
- Expression system: Baculovirus infected Sf9 cells
- Purity: > 70% Densitometry
- Active: Yes
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, Functional Studies, WB
Product nameRecombinant human PI3K(p110alpha/p55gamma) protein (Active)
Purity> 70 % Densitometry.
Expression systemBaculovirus infected Sf9 cells
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceHHHHHHLVPR GSPEF MPPRPSSGEL WGIHLMPPRI LVECLLPNGM IVTLECLREA TLITIKHELF KEARKYPLHQ LLQDESSYIF VSVTQEAERE EFFDETRRLC DLRLFQPFLK VIEPVGNREP KILNREIGFA IGMPVCEFDM VKDPEVQDFR RNILNVCKEA VDLRDLNSPH SRAMYVYPPN VESSPELPKH IYNKLDKGQI IVVIWVIVSP NNDKQKYTLK INHDCVPEQV IAEAIRKKTR SMLLSSEQLK LCVLEYQGKY ILKVCGCDEY FLEKYPLSQY KYIRSCIMLG RMPNLMLMAK ESLYSQLPMD CFTMPSYSRR ISTATPYMNG ETSTKSLWVI NSALRIKILC ATYVNVNIRD IDKIYVRTGI YHGGEPLCDN VNTQRVPCSN PRWNEWLNYD IYIPDLPRAA RLCLSICSVK GRKGAKEEHC PLAWGNINLF DYTDTLVSGK MALNLWPVPH GLEDLLNPIG VTGSNPNKET PCLELEFDWF SSVVKFPDMS VIEEHANWSV SREAGFSYSH AGLSNRLARD NELRENDKEQ LKAISTRDPL SEITEQEKDF LWSHRHYCVT IPEILPKLLL SVKWNSRDEV AQMYCLVKDW PPIKPEQAME LLDCNYPDPM VRGFAVRCLE KYLTDDKLSQ YLIQLVQVLK YEQYLDNLLV RFLLKKALTN QRIGHFFFWH LKSEMHNKTV SQRFGLLLES YCRACGMYLK HLNRQVEAME KLINLTDILK QEKKDETQKV QMKFLVEQMR RPDFMDALQG FLSPLNPAHQ LGNLRLEECR IMSSAKRPLW LNWENPDIMS ELLFQNNEII FKNGDDLRQD MLTLQIIRIM ENIWQNQGLD LRMLPYGCLS IGDCVGLIEV VRNSHTIMQI QCKGGLKGAL QFNSHTLHQW LKDKNKGEIY DAAIDLFTRS CAGYCVATFI LGIGDRHNSN IMVKDDGQLF HIDFGHFLDH KKKKFGYKRE RVPFVLTQDF LIVISKGAQE CTKTREFERF QEMCYKAYLA IRQHANLFIN LFSMMLGSGM PELQSFDDIA YIRKTLALDK TEQEALEYFM KQMNDAHHGG WTTKMDWIFH TIKQHALN MYNTVWSMDR DDADWREVMM PYSTELIFYI EMDPPALPPK PPKPMTSAVP NGMKPSSVSL QDAEWYWGDI SREEVNDKLR DMPDGTFLVR DASTKMQGDY TLTLRKGGNN KLIKIYHRDG KYGFSDPLTF NSVVELINHY HHESLAQYNP KLDVKLMYPV SRYQQDQLVK EDNIDAVGKK LQEYHSQYQE KSKEYDRLYE EYTRTSQEIQ MKRTAIEAFN ETIKIFEEQC HTQEQHSKEY IERFRREGNE KEIERIMMNY DKLKSRLGEI HDSKMRLEQD LKNQALDNRE IDKKMNSIKP DLIQLRKIRD QHLVWLNHKG VRQKRLNVWL GIKNEDADEN YFINEEDENL PHYDEKTWFV EDINRVQAED LLYGKPDGAF LIRESSKKGC YACSVVADGE VKHCVIYSTA RGYGFAEPYN LYSSLKELVL HYQQTSLVQH NDSLNVRLAY PVHAQMPSLC R
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Additional sequence information(NM_006218) (BC021622) (Q92569)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab127617 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 1.02% Imidazole
Constituents: 0.00174% PMSF, 0.82% Sodium phosphate, 0.00385% DTT, 25% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 1.74% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- 5-bisphosphate 3-kinase 110 kDa catalytic subunit alpha
- 5-bisphosphate 3-kinase catalytic subunit alpha isoform
- p110 alpha
FunctionPhosphorylates PtdIns, PtdIns4P and PtdIns(4,5)P2 with a preference for PtdIns(4,5)P2.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in PIK3CA are associated with colorectal cancer (CRC) [MIM:114500].
Defects in PIK3CA are a cause of susceptibility to breast cancer (BC) [MIM:114480]. A common malignancy originating from breast epithelial tissue. Breast neoplasms can be distinguished by their histologic pattern. Invasive ductal carcinoma is by far the most common type. Breast cancer is etiologically and genetically heterogeneous. Important genetic factors have been indicated by familial occurrence and bilateral involvement. Mutations at more than one locus can be involved in different families or even in the same case.
Defects in PIK3CA are a cause of susceptibility to ovarian cancer (OC) [MIM:167000]. Ovarian cancer common malignancy originating from ovarian tissue. Although many histologic types of ovarian neoplasms have been described, epithelial ovarian carcinoma is the most common form. Ovarian cancers are often asymptomatic and the recognized signs and symptoms, even of late-stage disease, are vague. Consequently, most patients are diagnosed with advanced disease.
Defects in PIK3CA may underlie hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) [MIM:114550].
Defects in PIK3CA are a cause of keratosis seborrheic (KERSEB) [MIM:182000]. A common benign skin tumor. Seborrheic keratoses usually begin with the appearance of one or more sharply defined, light brown, flat macules. The lesions may be sparse or numerous. As they initially grow, they develop a velvety to finely verrucous surface, followed by an uneven warty surface with multiple plugged follicles and a dull or lackluster appearance.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3/PI4-kinase family.
Contains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 1 PI3K/PI4K domain.
- Information by UniProt
The specific activity of PI3K(p110alpha/p55gamma) (ab127617) was determined to be 357 nmol/min/mg as per activity assay protocol
SDS PAGE analysis of ab127617
SDS PAGE analysis of ab127617
The specific activity of ab127617 was found to be 420 nmol/min/mg as per activity assay protocol.
Purity >70% by densitometry.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab127617 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Xin Z et al. MicroRNA-145-5p aggravates cell apoptosis and oxidative stress in tongue squamous cell carcinoma. Exp Ther Med 21:373 (2021). PubMed: 33732346
- Du HY et al. Ligustrazine protects against chronic hypertensive glaucoma in rats by inhibiting autophagy via the PI3K-Akt/mTOR pathway. Mol Vis 27:725-733 (2021). PubMed: 35035207
- Yuan L et al. Long non-coding RNA H19 protects H9c2 cells against hypoxia-induced injury by activating the PI3K/AKT and ERK/p38 pathways. Mol Med Rep 21:1709-1716 (2020). PubMed: 32319634
- Liu AH et al. Up-Regulation of Trem2 Inhibits Hippocampal Neuronal Apoptosis and Alleviates Oxidative Stress in Epilepsy via the PI3K/Akt Pathway in Mice. Neurosci Bull 35:471-485 (2019). PubMed: 30684126
- Liu C et al. MicroRNA-21-5p targeting PDCD4 suppresses apoptosis via regulating the PI3K/AKT/FOXO1 signaling pathway in tongue squamous cell carcinoma. Exp Ther Med 18:3543-3551 (2019). PubMed: 31602231
- Wu D et al. MicroRNA-17 promotes osteosarcoma cells proliferation and migration and inhibits apoptosis by regulating SASH1 expression. Pathol Res Pract 215:115-120 (2019). PubMed: 30396754
- Li T et al. Long non-coding RNA HOTAIR/microRNA-206 sponge regulates STC2 and further influences cell biological functions in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Cell Prolif 52:e12651 (2019). PubMed: 31297902
- Lin JX et al. UFM1 suppresses invasive activities of gastric cancer cells by attenuating the expres7sion of PDK1 through PI3K/AKT signaling. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:410 (2019). PubMed: 31533855
- Tantai JC et al. Heterophyllin B inhibits the adhesion and invasion of ECA-109 human esophageal carcinoma cells by targeting PI3K/AKT/ß-catenin signaling. Mol Med Rep 13:1097-104 (2016). PubMed: 26647768