Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Endotoxin level: < 1.000 Eu/µg
- Active: Yes
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, WB, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant human PKM2 protein (Active)
See all PKM2 proteins and peptides
Specific activity: > 25,000 pmol/min/ug.
One unit will convert 1.0 pmole of phospho(enol)pyruvate to pyruvate per minute at pH 7.5 at 37C.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
ab89364 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Endotoxin level< 1.000 Eu/µg
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMSKPHSEAGT AFIQTQQLHA AMADTFLEHM CRLDIDSPPI TARNTGIICT IGPASRSVET LKEMIKSGMN VARLNFSHGT HEYHAETIKN VRTATESFAS DPILYRPVAV ALDTKGPEIR TGLIKGSGTA EVELKKGATL KITLDNAYME KCDENILWLD YKNICKVVEV GSKIYVDDGL ISLQVKQKGA DFLVTEVENG GSLGSKKGVN LPGAAVDLPA VSEKDIQDLK FGVEQDVDMV FASFIRKASD VHEVRKVLGE KGKNIKIISK IENHEGVRRF DEILEASDGI MVARGDLGIE IPAEKVFLAQ KMMIGRCNRA GKPVICATQM LESMIKKPRP TRAEGSDVAN AVLDGADCIM LSGETAKGDY PLEAVRMQHL IAREAEAAIY HLQLFEELRR LAPITSDPTE ATAVGAVEAS FKCCSGAIIV LTKSGRSAHQ VARYRPRAPI IAVTRNPQTA RQAHLYRGIF PVLCKDPVQE AWAEDVDLRV NFAMNVGKAR GFFKKGDVVI VLTGWRPGSG FTNTMRVVPV P
Predicted molecular weight60 kDa
Amino acids1 to 531
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Additional sequence information(NP_002645)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab89364 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Endotioxin Levels determined by LAL method.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.316% Tris HCl, 10% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Cytosolic thyroid hormone binding protein
- Cytosolic thyroid hormone-binding protein
FunctionGlycolytic enzyme that catalyzes the transfer of a phosphoryl group from phosphoenolpyruvate (PEP) to ADP, generating ATP. Stimulates POU5F1-mediated transcriptional activation. Plays a general role in caspase independent cell death of tumor cells. The ratio between the highly active tetrameric form and nearly inactive dimeric form determines whether glucose carbons are channeled to biosynthetic processes or used for glycolytic ATP production. The transition between the 2 forms contributes to the control of glycolysis and is important for tumor cell proliferation and survival.
Tissue specificitySpecifically expressed in proliferating cells, such as embryonic stem cells, embryonic carcinoma cells, as well as cancer cells.
PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 5/5.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the pyruvate kinase family.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocates to the nucleus in response to different apoptotic stimuli. Nuclear translocation is sufficient to induce cell death that is caspase independent, isoform-specific and independent of its enzymatic actvity.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab89364 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Ni L et al. Pyruvate Kinase M2 Protects Heart from Pressure Overload-Induced Heart Failure by Phosphorylating RAC1. J Am Heart Assoc 11:e024854 (2022). PubMed: 35656980
- Ren Y et al. Renoprotection of Microcystin-RR in Unilateral Ureteral Obstruction-Induced Renal Fibrosis: Targeting the PKM2-HIF-1α Pathway. Front Pharmacol 13:830312 (2022). PubMed: 35754468
- Liu YR et al. Oncogenic TRIB2 interacts with and regulates PKM2 to promote aerobic glycolysis and lung cancer cell procession. Cell Death Discov 8:306 (2022). PubMed: 35790734
- Zhang W et al. FOXM1D potentiates PKM2-mediated tumor glycolysis and angiogenesis. Mol Oncol 15:1466-1485 (2021). PubMed: 33314660
- Xiao M et al. The eEF2 kinase-induced STAT3 inactivation inhibits lung cancer cell proliferation by phosphorylation of PKM2. Cell Commun Signal 18:25 (2020). PubMed: 32054489