Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 90% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant human SOX2 protein
See all SOX2 proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMYNMMETELKPPGPQQTSGGGGGNSTAAAAGGNQKNSPDRVKRPMNAFMV WSRGQRRKMAQENPKMHNSEISKRLGAEWKLLSETEKRPFIDEAKRLRAL HMKEHPDYKYRPRRKTKTLMKKDKYTLPGGLLAPGGNSMASGVGVGAGLG AGVNQRMDSYAHMNGWSNGSYSMMQDQLGYPQHPGLNAHGAAQMQPMHRY DVSALQYNSMTSSQTYMNGSPTYSMSYSQQGTPGMALGSMGSVVKSEASS SPPVVTSSSHSRAPCQAGDLRDMISMYLPGAEVPEPAAPSRLHMSQHYQS GPVPGTAINGTLPLSHMESGGGGSPGRRRRRRRRRRR
Predicted molecular weight37 kDa
Amino acids1 to 317
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab169843 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Additional notesThe in vitro function was tested using specific DNA binding assays. 11R proteins were reported to successfully generate induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells from OG2 MEFs.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: Potassium chloride, 0.24% Tris, EDTA, Glycerol, Sodium chloride
Also contains DTT and Arginine.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Delta EF2a
FunctionTranscription factor that forms a trimeric complex with OCT4 on DNA and controls the expression of a number of genes involved in embryonic development such as YES1, FGF4, UTF1 and ZFP206 (By similarity). Critical for early embryogenesis and for embryonic stem cell pluripotency.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SOX2 are the cause of microphthalmia syndromic type 3 (MCOPS3) [MIM:206900]. Microphthalmia is a clinically heterogeneous disorder of eye formation, ranging from small size of a single eye to complete bilateral absence of ocular tissues (anophthalmia). In many cases, microphthalmia/anophthalmia occurs in association with syndromes that include non-ocular abnormalities. MCOPS3 is characterized by the rare association of malformations including uni- or bilateral anophthalmia or microphthalmia, and esophageal atresia with trachoesophageal fistula.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 HMG box DNA-binding domain.
modificationsSumoylation inhibits binding on DNA and negatively regulates the FGF4 transactivation.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab169843 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Mamun MMA et al. Stub1 maintains proteostasis of master transcription factors in embryonic stem cells. Cell Rep 39:110919 (2022). PubMed: 35675767
- Russell TJ et al. Inhibitors of ApiAP2 protein DNA binding exhibit multistage activity against Plasmodium parasites. PLoS Pathog 18:e1010887 (2022). PubMed: 36223427
- Vanzan L et al. High throughput screening identifies SOX2 as a super pioneer factor that inhibits DNA methylation maintenance at its binding sites. Nat Commun 12:3337 (2021). PubMed: 34099689
- Liu Z & Kraus WL Catalytic-Independent Functions of PARP-1 Determine Sox2 Pioneer Activity at Intractable Genomic Loci. Mol Cell 65:589-603.e9 (2017). PubMed: 28212747