Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, Functional Studies
Product nameRecombinant human Superoxide Dismutase 1 protein (Active)
See all Superoxide Dismutase 1 proteins and peptides
This protein is fully biologically active when compared to standard. Activity tests were carried using ab65354.
The activity assay kit showed that the calculated activity was ~40,000 U/mg.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
> 95% SDS-PAGE. The Cu/Zn SOD is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
Predicted molecular weight17 kDa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab112193 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called 4802 Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), human recombinant. 4802-100 is the same size as the 100 µg size of ab112193.
Endotoxin Levels: <0.1 ng/mg.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10.269% Trehalose, 0.727% Dibasic monohydrogen potassium phosphate, 0.248% Monobasic dihydrogen potassium phosphate
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis 1 adult
FunctionDestroys radicals which are normally produced within the cells and which are toxic to biological systems.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SOD1 are the cause of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis type 1 (ALS1) [MIM:105400]. ALS1 is a familial form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors. The disease is inherited in 5-10% of cases leading to familial forms.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Cu-Zn superoxide dismutase family.
modificationsUnlike wild-type protein, the pathogenic variants ALS1 Arg-38, Arg-47, Arg-86 and Ala-94 are polyubiquitinated by RNF19A leading to their proteasomal degradation. The pathogenic variants ALS1 Arg-86 and Ala-94 are ubiquitinated by MARCH5 leading to their proteasomal degradation.
The ditryptophan cross-link at Trp-33 is reponsible for the non-disulfide-linked homodimerization. Such modification might only occur in extreme conditions and additional experimental evidence is required.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. The pathogenic variants ALS1 Arg-86 and Ala-94 gradually aggregates and accumulates in mitochondria.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab112193 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Gupta G et al. Copper oxide nanoparticles trigger macrophage cell death with misfolding of Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1). Part Fibre Toxicol 19:33 (2022). PubMed: 35538581
- Zagórska-Dziok M et al. Cosmetic and Dermatological Properties of Selected Ayurvedic Plant Extracts. Molecules 26:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33503925
- Zagórska-Dziok M et al. Positive Effect of Cannabis sativa L. Herb Extracts on Skin Cells and Assessment of Cannabinoid-Based Hydrogels Properties. Molecules 26:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33557174
- Zofia NL et al. Effect of Fermentation Time on Antioxidant and Anti-Ageing Properties of Green Coffee Kombucha Ferments. Molecules 25:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33218080