Antibody Diluent (ab64211)
Product nameAntibody Diluent
See all Antibody Diluent reagents
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Antibody Diluent ab64211 is used to dilute primary antibodies to their working concentrations for use in IHC. It can also be used for convenient storage of diluted primary antibodies.
The antibody diluent is formulated to reduce background and non-specific binding of the primary antibody. In most cases, antibodies can be stored in the diluent, at their working concentrations for IHC, for up to 24 months at 2-8°C.
The diluent is based on a Tris buffer, and contains a stabilizing carrier protein, a wetting agent to reduce surface tension, an anti-microbial agent, and a green dye. It should not be used with HRP-conjugated primary antibodies.
IHC protocol suitable for use with Antibody Diluent ab64211:
For fluorescent IHC, skip step 3, incubate with fluorescent dye conjugated secondary at step 6, skip rest of steps, and mount with anti-fade mounting medium.
1. Deparaffinize and rehydrate formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue section.
2. Use appropriate antigen retrieval buffer or enzyme (primary antibody dependent) to treat sections. Wash 3 times in buffer.
3. Add enough hydrogen peroxide blocking solution to cover the sections. Incubate for 10 minutes. Wash 2 times in buffer. If necessary, use avidin biotin blocking.
4. Apply protein block (or normal serum from same species as secondary antibody) and incubate for 5 minutes at room temperature to block nonspecific background staining. Wash once in buffer.
5. Apply primary antibody in Antibody Diluent ab64211 and incubate.
6. Wash 4 times in buffer. Incubate slide with biotinylated secondary antibody (or HRP polymer secondary antibody and skip step 7). Wash 4 times in buffer.
7. Apply streptavidin-HRP and incubate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
8. Rinse 4 times in buffer. Place slide in DAB substrate or AEC substrate and incubate until desired color is achieved (1-10 mins). Rinse 4 times in buffer.
9. Add enough drops of hematoxylin to cover the section. Incubate for 1 minute.
10. Rinse 7-8 times in tap water. Add mounting medium to cover the section.
Find complete IHC kits, and reagents for antigen retrieval, blocking, signal amplification, visualization, counterstaining, and mounting in the IHC kits and reagents guide.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64211 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Use at an assay dependent dilution.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab64211 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Navickaite I et al. Anatomical evidence of non-parasympathetic cardiac nitrergic nerve fibres in rat. J Anat 238:20-35 (2021). PubMed: 32790077
- Yu TY et al. Platelet-Rich Plasma Releasate Promotes Early Healing in Tendon After Acute Injury. Orthop J Sports Med 9:2325967121990377 (2021). PubMed: 33959667
- Vélez EJ & Unniappan S Nesfatin-1 and nesfatin-1-like peptide suppress growth hormone synthesis via the AC/PKA/CREB pathway in mammalian somatotrophs. Sci Rep 10:16686 (2020). PubMed: 33028951
- Rapacz-Leonard A et al. The oxytocin-prostaglandins pathways in the horse (Equus caballus) placenta during pregnancy, physiological parturition, and parturition with fetal membrane retention. Sci Rep 10:2089 (2020). PubMed: 32034259
- Wrobel LJ et al. Effects of Beta-Blockers on Melanoma Microenvironment and Disease Survival in Human. Cancers (Basel) 12:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32353988