Antigen Retrieval Buffer (100X Citrate Buffer) (ab93678)
Product nameAntigen Retrieval Buffer (100X Citrate Buffer)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Antigen Retrieval Buffer (100X Citrate Buffer) is a special solution that enables rehydration and antigen retrieval to be performed in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue sections with one step. It is optimal for use with primary antibodies that require citrate buffer pretreatment.
This product contains detergent for emulsification of the paraffin.
1X Dilution: The 100X stock solution should be diluted 100-fold with distilled water before use.
1. Place paraffin-embedded slides in 1x Antigen Retrieval Buffer; cover with a vented plastic wrap, place in microwave and set high power to boil and then set low power to keep it boiling for 10 min. Let the sections cool in the microwave for at least 20 min.
2. Wash sections with hot tap water for 1 min.
3. Wash sections in buffer for 2 x 3 minutes.
4. Continue with IHC protocol as normal.
Other kits and reagents for IHC
Other antigen retrieval buffers include: Tris-EDTA buffer pH 9.0 ab93684, EDTA buffer pH 8.0 ab93680, Tris buffer pH 10.0 ab93682, or see the full list of antigen retrieval buffers and enzymes.
Find more kits and reagents for antigen retrieval, blocking, signal amplification, visualization, counterstaining, and mounting in the IHC kits and reagents guide.
Storage instructionsStore at room temperature.
Storage bufferpH: 5.1
Constituents: Citrate Buffer, 1% Hydrochloric acid, 1.5% 2-butoxyethanol
Buffer 100x Concentrated with detergent.
Concentration information loading...
RelevanceAntigen Retrieval Buffer (100X Citrate Buffer pH 6.0) is a special solution that enables rehydrate and target retrieval in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue sections in one step. It is optimal for use with primary antibodies that require citrate buffer (pH=6.0) pretreatment.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93678 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Immunohistochemical staining of GFP in the indicated genotypes (n=5 mice per group): Immunohistochemical staining of GFP in the indicated genotypes (n=5 mice per group): The paraffin-embedded sections were deparaffinized with xylene and alcohol and subjected to antigen retrieval by citrate buffer (Abcam, Cat# ab93678), Tris-EDTA buffer (Abcam, Cat# ab93684), EDTA buffer (Abcam, Cat# ab93680), or Tris buffer (Abcam, Cat# ab93682) in a 100°C cooker for 30?min. After blocking, the sections were incubated with primary antibodies at 4°C overnight. 1:500, Chicken anti-GFP, Abcam, Cat#Ab13970. the mouse tissue sections were developed with an IHC Detection kit (Thermo Fisher, Cat#3600) according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Nuclear OPN expression in explanted hearts but not endomyocardial biopsies (EMBs)In Patient #1, nuclear OPN (shown in white) in ACTA1-positive cardiomyocytes (shown in red) is visible in failing native and transplanted hearts, but in none of the three serial follow-up EMB samples collected at 1 week, 1 month, and 1 year post first transplant. Representative confocal z-stack images are shown. Scale bar = 20 µm.
ab93678 Antigen Retrieval Bufer 100X Citrate Buffer
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab93678 has been referenced in 30 publications.
- Ran R et al. Surfactant Protein A, a Novel Regulator for Smooth Muscle Phenotypic Modulation and Vascular Remodeling-Brief Report. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 41:808-814 (2021). PubMed: 33267655
- Shiu YT et al. Natural Vascular Scaffolding Treatment Promotes Outward Remodeling During Arteriovenous Fistula Development in Rats. Front Bioeng Biotechnol 9:622617 (2021). PubMed: 33681159
- Oura S et al. KCTD19 and its associated protein ZFP541 are independently essential for meiosis in male mice. PLoS Genet 17:e1009412 (2021). PubMed: 33961623
- Nevoux J et al. An antibody to RGMa promotes regeneration of cochlear synapses after noise exposure. Sci Rep 11:2937 (2021). PubMed: 33536466
- Patel M et al. Osteopontin and LDLR Are Upregulated in Hearts of Sudden Cardiac Death Victims With Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction and Diabetes Mellitus. Front Cardiovasc Med 7:610282 (2020). PubMed: 33330671